Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Systemax Venture Business PC

Re: Systemax Venture Business PC

Baron

cybercat wrote:

> Just ordered this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/45zllb

That machine looks like and has exactly the same spec and price as the
Dell Insperon 530.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Baron

cybercat wrote:

> "Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fvvkub$a20$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> cybercat wrote:
>>
>>> Just ordered this:
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/45zllb

>> That machine looks like and has exactly the same spec and price as
>> the Dell Insperon 530.
>>

> I had looked at these, and did not notice that. Most dells in this
> price range seemed to me (when I looked, anyway) to have less memory,
> not be Intel Core 2 Duo, and/or have a smaller hard drive.
>
> I wanted to buy more computer than I needed, because this is what I
> did last time, and it did indeed do me well until the past year. It is
> nice not to have to upgrade or buy a new system for 6-7 years.

I don't know whether Dell have different web pages for US & Uk buyers
but 2400 Core 2, 500Gb hdd, 3Gb, ram 19" lcd screen, Vista @ $699
Doesn't look that different !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Baron

cybercat wrote:

> "Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:g02aso$pkl$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> cybercat wrote:
>>

>>> "Baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:fvvkub$a20$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I had looked at these, and did not notice that. Most dells in this
>>> price range seemed to me (when I looked, anyway) to have less
>>> memory, not be Intel Core 2 Duo, and/or have a smaller hard drive.
>>>
>>> I wanted to buy more computer than I needed, because this is what I
>>> did last time, and it did indeed do me well until the past year. It
>>> is nice not to have to upgrade or buy a new system for 6-7 years.

>> I don't know whether Dell have different web pages for US & Uk buyers
>> but 2400 Core 2, 500Gb hdd, 3Gb, ram 19" lcd screen, Vista @ $699
>> Doesn't look that different !
>>

> Everything about that looks better except Vista. It has a gb more of
> memory, too. AND mine does not come with a monitor. Hmm.
>
> I just went there and chose XP instead of Vista, removed the monitor,
> and got a price of $509. The only difference I see at first glance is
> that this one
> comes with XP Home, whereas the Systemax comes with XP Professional.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/62s7q3
>
> Could be my aversion to buying a Dell cost me $150 bucks and really
> good support.
>
> (No idea why I have an aversion to a Dell. I bought my husband one
> two years ago. )
>
> Live and learn.

I'm convinced that Dell serve up different web pages for different
countries and user groups !
--
Best Regards:
Baron.