Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > SP-3

JJ

I use Outlook from Office for email. However I use Express as my
newsreader, if I install SP-3 would I still be able to use Express?
Thanks,

Jeff Strickland

I'm running XP Home and installed SP3. Therer has been no change to Internet
Explorer 6, or Outlook Express. I do not use Outlook at all, I only use
Outlook Express.

"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wOjUj.1929$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use Outlook from Office for email. However I use Express as my
>newsreader, if I install SP-3 would I still be able to use Express?
> Thanks,

JJ

Thanks, downloaded and installed SP3 and no problems at all. Outlook
Express still works fine, unlike what one of posters said that the download
installs Microsoft Mail and removes Express.

"Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm running XP Home and installed SP3. Therer has been no change to
> Internet Explorer 6, or Outlook Express. I do not use Outlook at all, I
> only use Outlook Express.
>>

> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:wOjUj.1929$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I use Outlook from Office for email. However I use Express as my
>>newsreader, if I install SP-3 would I still be able to use Express?
>> Thanks,

Jeff Strickland

I read that as well. I looked at the stuff that came with SP3, and somewhere
in all of that I thought I fgound a solution to my Vista machine on my
network not being able to connect to the laser printer jon my XP Home
machine. (I have not tried to see if this is resolved, but I am hoping it
is.) I also read (here in the newsgroup) where SP3 would install IE7, which
I have resisted doing. SP3 did not install IE7.

"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TclUj.16065$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, downloaded and installed SP3 and no problems at all. Outlook
> Express still works fine, unlike what one of posters said that the
> download installs Microsoft Mail and removes Express.
>
> "Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> I'm running XP Home and installed SP3. Therer has been no change to
>> Internet Explorer 6, or Outlook Express. I do not use Outlook at all, I
>> only use Outlook Express.
>>>

>> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:wOjUj.1929$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I use Outlook from Office for email. However I use Express as my
>>>newsreader, if I install SP-3 would I still be able to use Express?
>>> Thanks,

JJ

I bit the bullet and had previously installed IE-7, so that was no biggie.
I use Mozilla for almost everything but there are a few sites that it
doesn't work with and then I use IE7. Once I got used to it, it really
isn't that bad. But again, I only use it occasionally.
Joe

newshlUj.51188$Bb3.46724@trnddc01...