Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Converter Box

Re: Converter Box

Paul

Gabbyguy wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I have installed the new converter box and it works fine.
> My problem is that neither of my VCR/DVD recorders
> will pick up the new stations. Making it impossible to record TV
> shows.
>
> My question is: How can I make the VCR recognize the new channels?
>
> Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

If what comes out of the converter is composite or S-video, those
are baseband signals. They are not RF modulated, so there is no
"channel" to the signal. If that is the signal type, on my VCR I
set it to "video" and view the input that way.

If the converter puts out an RF signal, it might be on channel 3
for example. Then you would connect the converter to the antenna
or cable input on the VCR.

But if you won't tell us what brand and model number of converter
it is, we're not going to be able to help you very well.

Paul