Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Windows Vista Startup Theme

Windows Vista Startup Theme

ChrisCoaster

True or False: The Windows Vista Startup Theme cannot be changed.

Please say false!!!!

-ChrisCoaster

Hp

ChrisCoaster wrote:

> True or False: The Windows Vista Startup Theme cannot be changed.

> Please say false!!!!

> -ChrisCoaster

on the surface no, MS would ask, "WHY in The World Would You Want
To Do That!!"

BUT

you can delete it, you can use another file and using the facilities
in windows to change the startup noise to another file, you can
get a file you like instead and change it's name to the offending
file name and replace the one you dont like, there are alternatives.

ChrisCoaster

On Apr 18, 6:49*pm, Hp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ChrisCoasterwrote:
> > True or False: *The Windows Vista Startup Theme cannot be changed.
> > Please say false!!!!
> > -ChrisCoaster

> on the surface no, *MS would ask, *"WHY in The World Would You Want
> To Do That!!"
>
> BUT
>
> you can delete it, you can use another file and using the facilities
> in windows to change the startup noise to another file, you can
> get a file you like instead and change it's name to the offending
> file name and replace the one you dont like, *there are alternatives.

___________________
Sounds a bit too involved for me for such a simple task.

You know something HP, this Vista really dumbed down a lot of things
especially related to sound in their attempts to make Vista more
secure, etc.
#1. The audio mixer - no more balance controls, etc, and it shows
faders only for what is playing.

#2. Sound recorder - USELESS. No options for setting bit rates, mono
VS stereo, what source to record from, etc.

#3. The subject of my post.

No wonder Vista has a lower approval rating than Bush!

-CC

flaming-o

If HP has crippled software controls in your installation complain to HP.
Those are the tradeoffs for low price big-box store machines.
Anyway, here's another boffo Vista sound factoid: for reasons known only to
the brain dead marketers at Microsoft Vista Home Premium lacks built-in fax
capability. Yet the sound panel applet gives the option to associate sounds
with receiving/sending faxes. If the devil is in the details Microsoft must
be sainted because they pay no attention to the details.

ChrisCoaster

On Apr 19, 12:52*pm, "flaming-o" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> If HP has crippled software controls in your installation complain to HP.
> Those are the tradeoffs for low price big-box store machines.
> Anyway, here's another boffo Vista sound factoid: for reasons known only to
> the brain dead marketers at Microsoft Vista Home Premium lacks built-in fax
> capability. Yet the sound panel applet gives the option to associate sounds
> with receiving/sending faxes. If the devil is in the details Microsoft must
> be sainted because they pay no attention to the details.

_____________________
What exactly are you saying about "crippled software controls" in your
first sentence?
If there is a way to get the "full" version of some of these things
please let me know - but remember:
explain it to me like a child because I'm CLUELESS when it comse to
configuration and typing in long strings of letters/numbers/symbols to
fix things.

I'd appreciate any help - in 2nd grade doses remember - that you can
give me.

-CC