Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Save Viewstate in DB and restore it later

Save Viewstate in DB and restore it later

Reinhard Vornholt

Hi,

I am trieing to save the complete viewstate of a page and restore it at a
later point.
That should work like this:
- Someone leaves the page and switches to an other page in the same
application
- The viewstate of the left page should be somehow accesed and be saved into
a DB
- after the user did something on an other page or even quited the whole
application the user returns to that specific page and the viewstate is
restored

The problems I have are:
- How can I retrieve the complete Viewstate (inclusive all controls on the
page) from a page?
- How can I set the complete Viewstate of a page.
- How can I change the value of IsPostBack? (I want it to be IsPostBack =
true when I restore the viewstate from the DB)

Facts:
- The application has login mechanism, so I can identify a returning user
- All controls (even page) are already inherited and have special featuers.

Hope someone can give some tips so that I can start.

Thanx
R.