Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem with refresh button breaking automatic refresh

Problem with refresh button breaking automatic refresh

brian lanning

As a public service, I'm posting the solution to a problem I had. The
bizarre thing is that I think this should have created an error.
Instead, it sort of worked, but not quite. Many are familiar with
this line:

Instead, I inadvertently made it look like this:

The result was that the auto refresh worked, but only until the user
clicked the refresh button in the browser. After clicking the button,
the auto refresh wouldn't work anymore.

I wish this had been reported as a syntax error or something similar.
It almost slipped through integration testing.

brian