Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > magic square

magic square

j_depp_99@yahoo.com

I would like to know if the 6x6 magic square can be done using the
backtracking algorithm and if so how long would it take. I found a
link online that does this pretty quick though:

http://www.faust.fr.bw.schule.de/mhb...ack/mag6en.htm

I've found some information on the siamese method and is this related
to the backtracking algorithm?

red floyd

> I would like to know if the 6x6 magic square can be done using the
> backtracking algorithm and if so how long would it take. I found a
> link online that does this pretty quick though:
>
> http://www.faust.fr.bw.schule.de/mhb...ack/mag6en.htm
>
> I've found some information on the siamese method and is this related
> to the backtracking algorithm?

1. This is totally off topic here, try an algorithms group
Hint: If the answer would be the same in some language other than C++,
it's OT here. Or, if the answer would not apply if you changed your
OS/Platform (i.e. go from Windows to Linux), or your hardware, it's OT here.

2. However, I'm feeling generous. Your answer can be found here:

Hope that helps.

j_depp_99@yahoo.com

On Apr 6, 10:24*pm, red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I would like to know if the 6x6 magic square can be done using the
> > backtracking algorithm and if so how long would it take. I found a
> > link online that does this pretty quick though:

> >http://www.faust.fr.bw.schule.de/mhb...ack/mag6en.htm

> > I've found some information on the siamese method and is this related
> > to the backtracking algorithm?

> 1. *This is totally off topic here, try an algorithms group
> Hint: If the answer would be the same in some language other than C++,
> it's OT here. *Or, if the answer would not apply if you changed your
> OS/Platform (i.e. go from Windows to Linux), or your hardware, it's OT here.
>
> 2. *However, I'm feeling generous. *Your answer can be found here:
>
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit...t.html#faq-5.2
>
> Hope that helps.

Sorry. Thank you for being gentle, I've been cured.