Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wlanapi.dll error after SP3 (D-Link)

Reply
Thread Tools

wlanapi.dll error after SP3 (D-Link)

 
 
erniek
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2009
Hi

I tried this and I'm stilling getting the missing .dll file error.
I even found and downloaded the wlanapi.dll and placed it in the respective
directory "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G" and
"%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" - what am I doing wrong?

"Pavel A." wrote:

> Contact D-Link for update. They caused DLL name conflict
> (aka "DLL hell") with MS, they ought to provide update
> for their software that resolves this.
>
> --PA
>
>
> My wrote:
> > Hi! I have the same problem, but I don't get what to doo about it.
> > How do i download the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll????
> > Bye My
> >
> > "France" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi! I had a problem solved thanx to some forums on web, so I post this.
> >> In D-Link Wireless Network, after installing SP3 at the boot of PC, there is
> >> an error message about wlanapi.dll. To resolve:
> >> The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3.
> >> Upon loading, it displays: "AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The
> >> procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
> >> dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.".
> >> A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in
> >> the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be
> >> used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
> >>
> >> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> >> "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
> >> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> >> "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" --
> >>
> >> http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
> >>
> >> it worked fine on my PC desktop with Windows XP Pro SP3.....
> >> Bye
> >> Francesco
> >>
> >>

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pavel A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2009
erniek wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried this and I'm stilling getting the missing .dll file error.
> I even found and downloaded the wlanapi.dll and placed it in the respective
> directory "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G" and
> "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" - what am I doing wrong?


You're not using the "official" (or how they name it) driver
install/update software from the WLAN device vendor.
If the s/w package and instructions for SP3 problem are
not available on their site, call their support.

Regards,
--pa


> "Pavel A." wrote:
>
>> Contact D-Link for update. They caused DLL name conflict
>> (aka "DLL hell") with MS, they ought to provide update
>> for their software that resolves this.
>>
>> --PA
>>
>>
>> My wrote:
>>> Hi! I have the same problem, but I don't get what to doo about it.
>>> How do i download the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll????
>>> Bye My
>>>
>>> "France" wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi! I had a problem solved thanx to some forums on web, so I post this.
>>>> In D-Link Wireless Network, after installing SP3 at the boot of PC, there is
>>>> an error message about wlanapi.dll. To resolve:
>>>> The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3.
>>>> Upon loading, it displays: "AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The
>>>> procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
>>>> dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.".
>>>> A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in
>>>> the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be
>>>> used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
>>>>
>>>> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
>>>> "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
>>>> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
>>>> "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" --
>>>>
>>>> http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
>>>>
>>>> it worked fine on my PC desktop with Windows XP Pro SP3.....
>>>> Bye
>>>> Francesco
>>>>
>>>>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
erniek
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2009
Hi. thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately for me I unistalled sp3 when
I first starting experiencing this problem. I then came across solutions
posted across the web similar to yours but when I tried it it didn't work i
believe becuase the wlanapi.dll was no longer located in
%Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\ - but I am still getting the same error
messages even when I try to reinstall my dlink software. I have tried to find
the latest dlink software from their site [for my dwl g630 rev a] but it has
made no difference. Does anyone know where I can locate the pre-sp3
wlanapi.dll file [228kb] or an alternative solution?

Ive tested a different wireless card from a friend and it works fine on my
laptop. otherwise it looks like i will have to rebuild my machine or buy a
new card!

"France" wrote:

> Hi! I had a problem solved thanx to some forums on web, so I post this.
> In D-Link Wireless Network, after installing SP3 at the boot of PC, there is
> an error message about wlanapi.dll. To resolve:
> The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3.
> Upon loading, it displays: "AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The
> procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
> dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.".
> A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in
> the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be
> used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
>
> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" --
>
> http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
>
> it worked fine on my PC desktop with Windows XP Pro SP3.....
> Bye
> Francesco
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
nightstar nightstar is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1
 
      06-07-2009
Hi there, I still couldn't solve the problems after update SP3. It still pop up the error messages plus no internet connection. Any idea to totally solve this?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Storhannus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2009
Hi. Youll find the wlanapi.dll tha Youve had before installing SP3 from the
location below described. If You run those tools on Your cmd, You can get the
file to somewhere safe. With D-link DWL-G122 this worked.

Hope this helps. This is staightforwardly copied from another page here in
microsoft site.

xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
"%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
"%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"

"erniek" wrote:

> Hi. thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately for me I unistalled sp3 when
> I first starting experiencing this problem. I then came across solutions
> posted across the web similar to yours but when I tried it it didn't work i
> believe becuase the wlanapi.dll was no longer located in
> %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\ - but I am still getting the same error
> messages even when I try to reinstall my dlink software. I have tried to find
> the latest dlink software from their site [for my dwl g630 rev a] but it has
> made no difference. Does anyone know where I can locate the pre-sp3
> wlanapi.dll file [228kb] or an alternative solution?
>
> Ive tested a different wireless card from a friend and it works fine on my
> laptop. otherwise it looks like i will have to rebuild my machine or buy a
> new card!
>
> "France" wrote:
>
> > Hi! I had a problem solved thanx to some forums on web, so I post this.
> > In D-Link Wireless Network, after installing SP3 at the boot of PC, there is
> > an error message about wlanapi.dll. To resolve:
> > The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3.
> > Upon loading, it displays: "AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The
> > procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
> > dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.".
> > A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in
> > the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be
> > used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
> >
> > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> > "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
> > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> > "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" --
> >
> > http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
> >
> > it worked fine on my PC desktop with Windows XP Pro SP3.....
> > Bye
> > Francesco
> >
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
Pavel A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2009
A *way* better idea is to get the latest SP3 compatible version
of the vendor WLAN drivers.

A long time passed since SP3, all vendors have their stuff updated.
The poor guy guilty for that DLL name conflict with the MS Wireless update
probably will get back to work from jail soon

Regards,
--pa



"Storhannus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. Youll find the wlanapi.dll tha Youve had before installing SP3 from
> the
> location below described. If You run those tools on Your cmd, You can get
> the
> file to somewhere safe. With D-link DWL-G122 this worked.
>
> Hope this helps. This is staightforwardly copied from another page here in
> microsoft site.
>
> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"
>
> "erniek" wrote:
>
>> Hi. thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately for me I unistalled sp3
>> when
>> I first starting experiencing this problem. I then came across solutions
>> posted across the web similar to yours but when I tried it it didn't work
>> i
>> believe becuase the wlanapi.dll was no longer located in
>> %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\ - but I am still getting the same
>> error
>> messages even when I try to reinstall my dlink software. I have tried to
>> find
>> the latest dlink software from their site [for my dwl g630 rev a] but it
>> has
>> made no difference. Does anyone know where I can locate the pre-sp3
>> wlanapi.dll file [228kb] or an alternative solution?
>>
>> Ive tested a different wireless card from a friend and it works fine on
>> my
>> laptop. otherwise it looks like i will have to rebuild my machine or buy
>> a
>> new card!
>>
>> "France" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi! I had a problem solved thanx to some forums on web, so I post this.
>> > In D-Link Wireless Network, after installing SP3 at the boot of PC,
>> > there is
>> > an error message about wlanapi.dll. To resolve:
>> > The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack
>> > 3.
>> > Upon loading, it displays: "AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The
>> > procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
>> > dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.".
>> > A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it
>> > in
>> > the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file
>> > will be
>> > used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
>> >
>> > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
>> > "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
>> > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
>> > "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" --
>> >
>> > http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
>> >
>> > it worked fine on my PC desktop with Windows XP Pro SP3.....
>> > Bye
>> > Francesco
>> >
>> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
smlunatick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2009
On Oct 25, 12:46*am, Storhannus <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi. Youll find the wlanapi.dll tha Youve had before installing SP3 from the
> location below described. If You run those tools on Your cmd, You can get the
> file to somewhere safe. With D-link DWL-G122 this worked.
>
> Hope this helps. This is staightforwardly copied from another page here in
> microsoft site.
>
> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"
>
> "erniek" wrote:
> > Hi. thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately for me I unistalled sp3 when
> > I first starting experiencing this problem. I then came across solutions
> > posted across the web similar to yours but when I tried it it didn't work i
> > believe becuase the wlanapi.dll was no longer located in
> > %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\ - but I am still getting the same error
> > messages even when I try to reinstall my dlink software. I have tried to find
> > the latest dlink software from their site [for my dwl g630 rev a] but it has
> > made no difference. Does anyone know where I can locate the pre-sp3
> > wlanapi.dll file [228kb] or an alternative solution?

>
> > Ive tested a different wireless card from a friend and it works fine on my
> > laptop. otherwise it looks like i will have to rebuild my machine or buy a
> > new card!

>
> > "France" wrote:

>
> > > Hi! I had a problem solved thanx to some forums on web, so I post this.
> > > In D-Link Wireless Network, after installing SP3 at the boot of PC, there is
> > > an error message about wlanapi.dll. To resolve:
> > > The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3.
> > > Upon loading, it displays: "AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The
> > > procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
> > > dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.".
> > > A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in
> > > the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be
> > > used instead of the version in the System32 directory.

>
> > > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> > > "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
> > > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> > > "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" --

>
> > >http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898

>
> > > it worked fine on my PC desktop with Windows XP Pro SP3.....
> > > Bye
> > > Francesco


Did you notice that this thread is dated Feb 14, 2009. I guess the
people who were looking for a solution have long since found it
elsewhere.
 
Reply With Quote
 
brown.eyed.girl21
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2010
Okay i did this but i still get one error message (instead of two)

"leeroy santana" wrote:

> I am using a D-link Air Premier DWL AG660 Wireless card. After installing Windows service pack 3 I started getting the following messages every time I was booting up.
>
> AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
> &
> WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
>
> All I would do is dismiss them and allow the computer to complete the boot. I was able to connect the internet so was not to fussed although it started to get a bit annoying. This is how I solved it.
>
> 1.Follow the link to download new drivers. This will take you to D-link support website.
>
> http://support.dlink.com/downloads/
>
> 2. Select the model of the d-link hardware
> 3. Read the Q/A by scrolling down the page and select the one about problem with SP3
> 4. Select to download new drivers for correct model number. (When you download SAVE to a folder you remember were it is)
> 5. Once finished downloading, open file and click setup.
>
> Just a quick note, I had to shut down and restart the laptop about 3 times throughout this. When you first press setup, it uninstalls the previous software & drivers. This is when to shut down and reboot. Windows will detect new hardware as it is booting. Just ignore this and go back to were you saved the new drivers and click on setup again. Once complete reboot again and then select the wireless network you wish to connect with.
>
> Problem sorted
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jack [MVP-Networking]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-25-2010
Hi
It seems that the D-Link Wireless Utility and WZC native utility are both
loading into memory.
Only one Wireless Utility can be active at the same time.
Disable one of them and try again.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"brown.eyed.girl21" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Okay i did this but i still get one error message (instead of two)
>
> "leeroy santana" wrote:
>
>> I am using a D-link Air Premier DWL AG660 Wireless card. After installing
>> Windows service pack 3 I started getting the following messages every
>> time I was booting up.
>>
>> AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>> The procedure entry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in
>> the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
>> &
>> WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>> The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the
>> dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
>>
>> All I would do is dismiss them and allow the computer to complete the
>> boot. I was able to connect the internet so was not to fussed although it
>> started to get a bit annoying. This is how I solved it.
>>
>> 1.Follow the link to download new drivers. This will take you to D-link
>> support website.
>>
>> http://support.dlink.com/downloads/
>>
>> 2. Select the model of the d-link hardware
>> 3. Read the Q/A by scrolling down the page and select the one about
>> problem with SP3
>> 4. Select to download new drivers for correct model number. (When you
>> download SAVE to a folder you remember were it is)
>> 5. Once finished downloading, open file and click setup.
>>
>> Just a quick note, I had to shut down and restart the laptop about 3
>> times throughout this. When you first press setup, it uninstalls the
>> previous software & drivers. This is when to shut down and reboot.
>> Windows will detect new hardware as it is booting. Just ignore this and
>> go back to were you saved the new drivers and click on setup again. Once
>> complete reboot again and then select the wireless network you wish to
>> connect with.
>>
>> Problem sorted
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
OldBeaver
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-03-2010

What is expected from Microsoft Vista is a solution, not more problems.
To follow your solution is a pain, bigger than the original problem.

You just make a good operating system, OR, as you constatly spy our
computers and ask for sending error messages, just make an easy automatic
solution to users who paid for an OPERATING system, not an NON-OPERATING
system or QUASI-OPERATING system.

Tks, A LOT !

"France" wrote:

> Hi! I had a problem solved thanx to some forums on web, so I post this.
> In D-Link Wireless Network, after installing SP3 at the boot of PC, there is
> an error message about wlanapi.dll. To resolve:
> The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3.
> Upon loading, it displays: "AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The
> procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
> dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.".
> A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in
> the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be
> used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
>
> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
> "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" --
>
> http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
>
> it worked fine on my PC desktop with Windows XP Pro SP3.....
> Bye
> Francesco
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless Connection after installing XP SP3 kx_belg Wireless Networking 4 10-29-2008 05:43 PM
MSN Mail-- junk filter failure after adding SP3 Le ASP .Net 0 10-08-2008 08:11 PM
Trouble obtaining IP after SP3 Jeff@unknown.com Wireless Networking 3 06-13-2008 10:50 PM
Wireless adapter keeps dropping connection after XP SP3 installed OSU Nurse Wireless Networking 2 05-29-2008 10:06 AM
To XP SP3 or not to XP SP3? ~misfit~ NZ Computing 13 05-10-2008 07:47 AM



Advertisments