Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > File -> Image Converter

File -> Image Converter

Aaron Fude

Hi,

This is not a java question per se, but since the system we are
developing is in Java, I decided to post it here. Additionally, a Java
solution would be better than any other.

We are developing a document management system and would like to
provide a quick preview for the stored files. Is there a tool that
would convert (as many as possible) various formats into images
suitable for a preview that could be stored in a database?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Roedy Green

On Fri, 9 May 2008 16:10:22 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude
said :

> Is there a tool that
>would convert (as many as possible) various formats into images
>suitable for a preview that could be stored in a database?

In windows you can feed documents to the command interpreter and it
will try to find an associated viewer.

What you need is something like the old DOS Magellan that had fast
viewers for all manner of file formats.
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary