Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: packard bell screen line

Re: packard bell screen line

Evan Platt

On Fri, 9 May 2008 08:39:42 +0100, "sharon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My Packard Bell laptop, Proff XP recently developed an intermediate problem
>in that a very thin vertical line runs from the top of the screen to the
>bottom. This is about 1/6 of the way from the side of the screen. It first
>happened three hours after I had installed AVG8 and straight after I had
>downloaded so many photos onto the hard drive that I now only have 1.8GD
>left (off the original 40GB).
>
>I am wondering wether this is the beginnings of an imminent failure of my
>computer, something to do with AVG or the low hard drive space. Before I
>start fiddling around with my computer I would prefer to see if anyone has
>had a similar problem. Thanks

Sounds like an issue with the monitor.

Plug in an external monitor, and I bet it's not there (unless it's a
issue with the video card, which I doubt).