Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Average salary for a novice Java Programmer

Average salary for a novice Java Programmer

java_killer

Any one got an idea of average salary of a novice Java Programmer in
Asia. My brother planning to enter Java Programming. He wants to know
is it worth investment.

Chase Preuninger

My dad owns a company in Bangalore and I think his programmers make
something like 15K a year.

Philipp

Chase Preuninger wrote:
> My dad owns a company in Bangalore and I think his programmers make
> something like 15K a year.

What's the unit? USD?

Travis James

java_killer wrote:
> Any one got an idea of average salary of a novice Java Programmer in
> Asia. My brother planning to enter Java Programming. He wants to know
> is it worth investment.

java_killer, I'm going to call you on this one. Your question is so
poorly worded and thought out that one cannot even give an intelligent
response.

Asia? That's quite a large economic region to cover in a single answer.
I'm sure the rates in Beijing, Singapore, Bangalore, Russia, Manila, and
so on vary by a wide range.

Novice? Explain what you mean. A seasoned C programmer can go into a job
as a novice Java programmer. I did that. Are you talking about a novice
programmer in general? Then crack a few books on some basic computer
science first and go with whatever language is used for instruction.

Investment? Are you talking about personal time? Money for classes?
Buying a computer?

It also depends what this "novice" brings to the employer's table. If he
has no education or experience in an industry, that limits his ability
to dial into a sector like healthcare or financial services. Does he
have the ability to speak and write in a language suitable for the kinds
of companies and clients his code will serve? Can he read a product
management specification or a bug report and make sense of it, code to
it, and then report back clearly in the code, spec, or bug report?

It's just not that simple a case of "if I do X, Y and Z, I can be hired
as a Java programmer."

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

> Philipp wrote:
> > Chase Preuninger wrote:
> >> My dad owns a company in Bangalore and I think his programmers make
> >> something like 15K a year.

> > What's the unit? USD?

> Judging by his other questions "java_killer" (hah!)
> ain't worth very much.
>
> BugBear

Novices in any field of work are plentiful and worthless.

--
Block Google's spam and enjoy Usenet again.
Reply with Google and I won't hear from you.