Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connecting to WPA2 secured Wireless network

Connecting to WPA2 secured Wireless network

Connecting to WPA2 wireless network

I'm new to VPCs and I'm having what I suspect is a simple, but annoying
problem. I'm a college student and our wireless network uses WPA2 security.
My main OS (Vista Ultimate) has no problems connecting, but my VPC does not
get internet. When I'm connected to my WEP network at home the VPC has no
problem getting internet connections. I have the VPC set up to use the same
Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection that Vista is using. Anyone
have any Idea what I can do to get this working? Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If by VPC you mean Virtual PC.
VPC can not work directly with Wireless, it has a virtual Intel wired card.
However if the Host computer have a network connection wire or wireless, the
VPC card as a wired card can use this connection no need for wireless
software or wireless security on the VPC.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news(E-Mail Removed)...