Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

Barb Bowman

the DI-624 is a router, not a wireless card. You need to start a new
thread and describe the issue you are having and include the info on
the wireless card you are using.

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

Sergey U.

Sorry, I put wrong data : indeed I have a wireless card DWL-G520 rev.B, with
which the problem is associated ( on top of that, yes, I have a router DI-624
but it does not relates to the issue ).

I updated DWL-G520 rev.B driver to version 4.40 ,as prescribed on
www.dlynk.com, for SP3 upgrades, and I still got two messages:

AirPlusCFG.exe Entry Point Not found apsGetInterfaceCount not located in the
dynamic link library wlanapi.dll

WZCSLDR2.exe Entry Point Not found aosInitialize not located in the dynamic
link library wlanapi.dll

So, the problem looks to be same as described above.

I tried to copy files as suggested above , did not work...

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> the DI-624 is a router, not a wireless card. You need to start a new
> thread and describe the issue you are having and include the info on
> the wireless card you are using.
>
> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:58:00 -0700, Sergey U.
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Unfortunately for my DI-624 did not work.
> >
> >"ciccio" wrote:
> >
> >> The solution is here
> >> http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
> >>
> >> The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Upon loading, it displays: “AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.”.
> >> A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
> >>
> >> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
> >> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"
> >>

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP

Barb Bowman

you don't actually need the DLink utility to manage the wireless.
you can use Windows built in features to do that. you can uninstall
the AirPlus config utility.

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:55:00 -0700, Sergey U.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sorry, I put wrong data : indeed I have a wireless card DWL-G520 rev.B, with
>which the problem is associated ( on top of that, yes, I have a router DI-624
>but it does not relates to the issue ).
>
>I updated DWL-G520 rev.B driver to version 4.40 ,as prescribed on
>www.dlynk.com, for SP3 upgrades, and I still got two messages:
>
>AirPlusCFG.exe Entry Point Not found apsGetInterfaceCount not located in the
>dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
>
>WZCSLDR2.exe Entry Point Not found aosInitialize not located in the dynamic
>link library wlanapi.dll
>
>So, the problem looks to be same as described above.
>
>I tried to copy files as suggested above , did not work...
>
>"Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
>> the DI-624 is a router, not a wireless card. You need to start a new
>> thread and describe the issue you are having and include the info on
>> the wireless card you are using.
>>
>> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:58:00 -0700, Sergey U.
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Unfortunately for my DI-624 did not work.

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS-MVP

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

turfsurf

"...could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
I had this same problem after upgrading to sp3.I have a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless pci adapter.(DESKTOP PC)
A very simple fix is to:

1.Boot in safemode with networking (F8 on start up)
2.Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32
3.You will probably find two "wlanapi.dll"
that is: wlanapi.dll and wlanapi(2).dll
4.wlanapi(2).dll is from sp3 (didn't overwrite
previous one.)
5.Delete wlanapi.dll and rename wlanapi(2).dll to
wlanapi.dll and reboot.
6.Worked fine for me

Pavel A.

Get the SP3 compatible update for your D-Link software/driver.
For details, search archive of this NG, this has been already discussed
here.

Regards,
--PA

turfsurf wrote:
> "...could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
> I had this same problem after upgrading to sp3.I have a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless pci adapter.(DESKTOP PC)
> A very simple fix is to:
>
> 1.Boot in safemode with networking (F8 on start up)
> 2.Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32
> 3.You will probably find two "wlanapi.dll"
> that is: wlanapi.dll and wlanapi(2).dll
> 4.wlanapi(2).dll is from sp3 (didn't overwrite
> previous one.)
> 5.Delete wlanapi.dll and rename wlanapi(2).dll to
> wlanapi.dll and reboot.
> 6.Worked fine for me

leyland

"Duckysan1" wrote:

> Since upgrading my Acer laptop (Travelmate 2300) to XP SP3, I cannot use the
> Dlink utility. I receive the following error:
>
> 'The procedure entry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
> dynamic link library wlanapi.dll'
> I have removed and re-installed the drivers/software, but no improvement.
> Web search suggests compatibility problem with Dlink driver/dll.
> Whilst I still have wireless connectivity, the Dlink utilities do not work.
> It seems this is an SP3 issue - other users report the issue is resolved if
> they revert back to SP2.
> There must be a better resolution!

leyland

On booting up I am shown the WZCSLDR2/WLANAPI.DlL/apsGetReady. I've tride to
remove this no joy. I then discover that there are spyware companies claiming
to be able to remove this, of course for a fee. Do these work ?.
Just what is Windows doing to resolve this problem. Are they working on this
as we speak. Come on Windows you must be aware of this problem, give us an
answer.

R. McCarty

Not a Windows/Microsoft issue at all. You have a support applet for
a Wireless card that is attempting to start at boot. Either the .Dll is not
found or the registration for it is missing/incorrect.
Several options - either use Windows Native Wireless to control the
device or check your card's vendor website for an updated driver &
support applet.

"leyland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On booting up I am shown the WZCSLDR2/WLANAPI.DlL/apsGetReady. I've tride
> remove this no joy. I then discover that there are spyware companies
> claiming
> to be able to remove this, of course for a fee. Do these work ?.
> Just what is Windows doing to resolve this problem. Are they working on
> this
> as we speak. Come on Windows you must be aware of this problem, give us an
> answer.

Richard in AZ

Actually it is a Microsoft/Windows issue. They rewrote a dll file, that Dlink was using, with the
issue of SP3.
The new dll file is not compatible with the DLink drivers.
However DLink should now have a patch, or new driver, for their card. But seems they don't care
about some older cards.
Going to "msconfig" and turning off the DLink monitoring software stops the nag window and does not
stop the card operation.

"R. McCarty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eiGC%(E-Mail Removed)...
| Not a Windows/Microsoft issue at all. You have a support applet for
| a Wireless card that is attempting to start at boot. Either the .Dll is not
| found or the registration for it is missing/incorrect.
| Several options - either use Windows Native Wireless to control the
| device or check your card's vendor website for an updated driver &
| support applet.
|
| "leyland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > On booting up I am shown the WZCSLDR2/WLANAPI.DlL/apsGetReady. I've tride
| > remove this no joy. I then discover that there are spyware companies
| > claiming
| > to be able to remove this, of course for a fee. Do these work ?.
| > Just what is Windows doing to resolve this problem. Are they working on
| > this
| > as we speak. Come on Windows you must be aware of this problem, give us an
| > answer.

R. McCarty

Thanks for the additional info, wasn't aware of the circumstances of the
..Dll.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...