Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Out of date books

Out of date books

New MCP

I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with book versions.

I have been given a set of books that were purchased a few years ago.
Is there any need for concern? Have the books been updated?

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"New MCP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with book versions.
>
> I have been given a set of books that were purchased a few years ago.
> Is there any need for concern? Have the books been updated?
>
> --

It helps to know what subject we are talking about.

PAJ

On Mon, 5 May 2008 21:48:00 -0700, New MCP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with book versions.
>
>I have been given a set of books that were purchased a few years ago.
>Is there any need for concern? Have the books been updated?

So long as all the ingredients are readily available they will still be
of some use.
You will also have to covert the old imperial weights to the newer
metric ones.
Happy cooking!

John R

"New MCP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with book versions.
>
> I have been given a set of books that were purchased a few years ago.
> Is there any need for concern? Have the books been updated?

It's easy to tell if the books have been updated. Simply check the books
properties by right clicking on the title page, go to properties, and then
check the Publication and SP levels, and compare them to the current ones.
You might have to install the Micropress String Inserter (MSI) installer
version 3.0 as most newer updates are only supported for installation using
the new version. This will require at least 6 GB of free pages, so make
sure you have those available.

John R

JaR

On 5/6/2008,John R had the unmitigated gall to claim:

> "New MCP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with book
> > versions.
> >
> > I have been given a set of books that were purchased a few years
> > ago. Is there any need for concern? Have the books been updated?
> >

> It's easy to tell if the books have been updated. Simply check the
> books properties by right clicking on the title page, go to
> properties, and then check the Publication and SP levels, and compare
> them to the current ones. You might have to install the Micropress
> String Inserter (MSI) installer version 3.0 as most newer updates are
> only supported for installation using the new version. This will
> require at least 6 GB of free pages, so make sure you have those
> available.
>
> John R

*SNERK*

Oh, and PotD!

--
JaR
I <3 geek talk

Kline Sphere

>> I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with book versions.
>>
>> I have been given a set of books that were purchased a few years ago.
>> Is there any need for concern? Have the books been updated?

Yes the qur'an has been updated, it is now called the 'terrorists cook
book'. Sorry, I forget the isbn number.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>> > I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with book
>> > versions.
>> >
>> > I have been given a set of books that were purchased a few years
>> > ago. Is there any need for concern? Have the books been updated?
>> >

>> It's easy to tell if the books have been updated. Simply check the
>> books properties by right clicking on the title page, go to
>> properties, and then check the Publication and SP levels, and compare
>> them to the current ones. You might have to install the Micropress
>> String Inserter (MSI) installer version 3.0 as most newer updates are
>> only supported for installation using the new version. This will
>> require at least 6 GB of free pages, so make sure you have those
>> available.
>>
>> John R

>*SNERK*
>
>Oh, and PotD!

made me chuckle too!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

JaR

On 5/6/2008,Kline Sphere had the unmitigated gall to claim:

FYI: http://www.jesusandmo.net/

--
JaR
If you're gonna go off-topic...

OTHMAN

"Kline Sphere" wrote:

> >> I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with book versions.
> >>
> >> I have been given a set of books that were purchased a few years ago.
> >> Is there any need for concern? Have the books been updated?

> Yes the qur'an has been updated, it is now called the 'terrorists cook
> book'. Sorry, I forget the isbn number.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

dude, you are an A$$Hole

OTHMAN