Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > closing frameset

closing frameset

Sabre

Hi all

This is my code to open my frameset:
Dim myOpenWindowJS = "<script
language='javascript'>myWin=open('Frameset.htm','m ySmallFrameset','width=445
,height=350');</script>"

Response.Write(myOpenWindowJS)

How do I close the frameset from one of the windows within? Or maybe
response.redirect to another site.

Thanks
Graeme

S. Justin Gengo

Graeme,

You could try either:

parent.window.close();

or

top.window.close();

Response.Redirect won't work for you because that would always occurr within
a single frame. You could however open a new window with javascript going to
the redirect page and then close the opener using code similar to that
above.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche
"Sabre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> This is my code to open my frameset:
> Dim myOpenWindowJS = "<script

language='javascript'>myWin=open('Frameset.htm','m ySmallFrameset','width=445
> ,height=350');</script>"
>
> Response.Write(myOpenWindowJS)
>
> How do I close the frameset from one of the windows within? Or maybe
> response.redirect to another site.
>
> Thanks
> Graeme

Sabre