Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD Exam Period

Reply
Thread Tools

MCSD Exam Period

 
 
LSB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2008
Hi,

I would like to know, is there is time frame for me to take all the papers
in order to get the MCSD certification?

Regards.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence Garvin [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2008
"LSB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I would like to know, is there is time frame for me to take all the papers
> in order to get the MCSD certification?


Effectively it is March 31, 2009, as that's when the core exams for this
certification will be retired.

However, it's not inconceivable that one could pass the core exams
(70-305/315, 70-306/316, 70-310/320, 70-300), prior to March 31, 2009, and
not take the final elective exam until some time later, and still be awarded
the MCSD.

For example, these MCSD elective exams are still current, and not scheduled
for retirement:
70-235 MCTS: Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions Using
Microsoft Biztalk Server 2006
70-431 MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 – Implementation and Maintenance

In fact, I doubt the 70-431 would be retired anytime before 2010, so
theoretically MS could be awarding MCSD certifications for the next two or
three years.

Interestingly, a similar thing happened to me. Many years ago I took two
Great Plains 7.5 exams to earn an Install/Configure MCP for a consulting
company I was going to do some work for. The work never happened, and I lost
interest in Great Plains. However, when I popped that 70-431 on my cert
transcript, suddenly I earned myself a Business Solutions Professional cert
on a legacy product (the MCBMSP in my sig), simply because the "SQL2000"
requirement for the original cert had been expanded to accept the SQL2005
cert as an option.


--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gerry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2008
The MCSD and MCAD credentials will NOT be awarded beyond the March 2009
date. All requirements MUST be completed prior to that date.

Gerry


"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "LSB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I would like to know, is there is time frame for me to take all the
>> papers
>> in order to get the MCSD certification?

>
> Effectively it is March 31, 2009, as that's when the core exams for this
> certification will be retired.
>
> However, it's not inconceivable that one could pass the core exams
> (70-305/315, 70-306/316, 70-310/320, 70-300), prior to March 31, 2009,
> and not take the final elective exam until some time later, and still be
> awarded the MCSD.
>
> For example, these MCSD elective exams are still current, and not
> scheduled for retirement:
> 70-235 MCTS: Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions
> Using Microsoft Biztalk Server 2006
> 70-431 MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 – Implementation and Maintenance
>
> In fact, I doubt the 70-431 would be retired anytime before 2010, so
> theoretically MS could be awarding MCSD certifications for the next two or
> three years.
>
> Interestingly, a similar thing happened to me. Many years ago I took two
> Great Plains 7.5 exams to earn an Install/Configure MCP for a consulting
> company I was going to do some work for. The work never happened, and I
> lost interest in Great Plains. However, when I popped that 70-431 on my
> cert transcript, suddenly I earned myself a Business Solutions
> Professional cert on a legacy product (the MCBMSP in my sig), simply
> because the "SQL2000" requirement for the original cert had been expanded
> to accept the SQL2005 cert as an option.
>
>
> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200
>
> MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
> My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
> My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin


 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence Garvin [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2008
"Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The MCSD and MCAD credentials will NOT be awarded beyond the March 2009
> date. All requirements MUST be completed prior to that date.


Do you have a source for this, Gerry? Preferably at a 'microsoft.com' URL.

This is contrary to every other certification practice in recent years.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCAD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM



Advertisments