Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCSA 2003 upgrade to 2008 Enterprise Administrator...

MCSA 2003 upgrade to 2008 Enterprise Administrator...

green

The goal is to be a certified 2008 enterprise administrator.

Which of the following two options is best?

Option 1. (Total of 6 exams)

Upgrade to MCSE 2003 (from MCSA 2003): 3 exams
70-293
70-294
70-297

Upgrade from MCSE 2003 to 2008 Enterprise Administrator: 3 exams
70-649
70-620 or 70-624
70-647

Option 2. (Total of 4 exams)

Upgrade from MCSA 2003 to 2008 enterprise administrator: 4 exams
70-648
70-620 or 70-624
70-643
70-647

Harvey Colwell

I've taken the 70-649. I always do the all-in-one exams anytime I can. But
studding for the equivalent of multiple exams at the same time isn't for
everyone. Obviously they can't cover every learning objective on a single
exam, but you still have to learn it all.

BTW: I plan to take both the 70-646 (Server Administrator) and 70-647
(Enterprise Administrator). There is some overlap between the two, but the
Enterprise Administrator job factions do not encompass the Server
Administrator job factions. They are two completely separate job roles, and
thus, two different certifications.

Check out the "Q. What is the difference between the two new Professional
Series certifications: Enterprise Administrator and Server Administrator? Is
there an overlap? " question " in the "Frequently Asked Questions About
Windows Server 2008 Certification"

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/default.mspx

"green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The goal is to be a certified 2008 enterprise administrator.
>
> Which of the following two options is best?
>
> Option 1. (Total of 6 exams)
>
> Upgrade to MCSE 2003 (from MCSA 2003): 3 exams
> 70-293
> 70-294
> 70-297
>
> Upgrade from MCSE 2003 to 2008 Enterprise Administrator: 3 exams
> 70-649
> 70-620 or 70-624
> 70-647
>

> Option 2. (Total of 4 exams)
>
> Upgrade from MCSA 2003 to 2008 enterprise administrator: 4 exams
> 70-648
> 70-620 or 70-624
> 70-643
> 70-647

green

doing the 70-646 and the 70-647 is actually not a bad idea...thnx for the tip.

btw... i will complete the MCSE 2003 before i do the 2008
certifications...got more than 8 years of hands-on experience with 2003 so i
think i will do just fine...the company i work for places more value in
experience over the "paper" certification.
On the other hand...i feel its time for me to move on so certifications does
help...even if i hv to finance the whole deal myself.

"Harvey Colwell" wrote:

> I've taken the 70-649. I always do the all-in-one exams anytime I can. But
> studding for the equivalent of multiple exams at the same time isn't for
> everyone. Obviously they can't cover every learning objective on a single
> exam, but you still have to learn it all.
>
> BTW: I plan to take both the 70-646 (Server Administrator) and 70-647
> (Enterprise Administrator). There is some overlap between the two, but the
> Enterprise Administrator job factions do not encompass the Server
> Administrator job factions. They are two completely separate job roles, and
> thus, two different certifications.
>
> Check out the "Q. What is the difference between the two new Professional
> Series certifications: Enterprise Administrator and Server Administrator? Is
> there an overlap? " question " in the "Frequently Asked Questions About
> Windows Server 2008 Certification"
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/default.mspx
>

> "green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The goal is to be a certified 2008 enterprise administrator.
> >
> > Which of the following two options is best?
> >
> > Option 1. (Total of 6 exams)
> >
> > Upgrade to MCSE 2003 (from MCSA 2003): 3 exams
> > 70-293
> > 70-294
> > 70-297
> >
> > Upgrade from MCSE 2003 to 2008 Enterprise Administrator: 3 exams
> > 70-649
> > 70-620 or 70-624
> > 70-647
> >

> > Option 2. (Total of 4 exams)
> >
> > Upgrade from MCSA 2003 to 2008 enterprise administrator: 4 exams
> > 70-648
> > 70-620 or 70-624
> > 70-643
> > 70-647

Harvey Colwell

I took my first certification exam back in '89. I'm currently working on my
45th and I've had to pay for almost all of the expensive out of my own
packet. Study material, exam fees, and even taking vacation off to take the
exams.

Experience is better than book knowledge only. But experience and
certifications is the best.

Most jobs are far too specialized. You only learn what you're exposed to.
I'm really good with Active Directory replication issues. But if you
normally don't deal with the DCs, or if your company has only one site,
you'll never get any experience with AD replication issues.

Being a consultant is the best. With so many different customers, you get
exposed to the widest array of configuration, interoperability, efficiency,
redundancy, recovery, etc, etc, etc issues that you could ever imagine.

Studding for a certification exposes you to a many features and scenarios
that you would normally never see in your day-to-day work. Then with this
knowledge in you back pocket, when you are confronted with a new situation,
you are better prepared to quickly solve it.