Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Lost Volume Control Icon - VISTA

Re: Lost Volume Control Icon - VISTA

PeterC

On Sat, 03 May 2008 18:32:19 -0400, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

> All of a sudden the icon for the speaker volume control which is usually
> in the notification area of the VISTA taskbar disappeared. (And it's not
> there if I click to expand that area and show all the available icons
> either.)
>
> I right clicked on the taskbar and then on "properties" and looked at
> the "Notification Area" of the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" menu.
>
> The checkbox for volume and the word "Volume" alongside it are greyed
> and clicking on the checkbox doesn't put a check in it. (Same for
> "Power" BTW.)
>
> I can still adjust the speaker volume through the control panel, but
> that's a PIA.
>
> Thanks guys,
>
> Jeff

Why take up space with a clumsy icon? I got rid of it and just use
Volumouse; it works from the scroll wheel when the pointer is over the task
bar and is very quick - no clicks at all.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/volumouse.html
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.