Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Advice - Guest wireless internet access without file access

Advice - Guest wireless internet access without file access

Netorius77

I am a relative novice in the area of networking and would appreciate some
help.

I have a XP Home desktop connected via ethernet to the internet via ADSL2+
modem/Router (D-link DSL-G606T). I have added my kids PC and a printer to the
network via the ethernet ports and my Laptop (Vista Home Premium) connects
wirelessly - all works great. I use WPA for the wireless security as I do use
file sharing to enable central storage of personal files on the main PC.

My question: Is it somehow possible to enable guests at our home to connect
wirelessly to our internet connection without providing them access to my
shared files, but still retain the file sharing I have?

Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
You ca buy a second Wireless Router and configure a segregated Network.
Here is the principle, http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news(E-Mail Removed)...