Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Pirelli DP-L10 phone.

Pirelli DP-L10 phone.

simon

On Sat, 03 May 2008 20:10:47 GMT, T i m said:

>Anyway, still early days but I'd thought I'd mention what I've
>experienced so far.

One thing that puts me off this phone is the one hour talk time (as
reported by Sipgate). Is it really as bad as that?

mymail@hotmail.co.uk

On Sat, 10 May 2008 02:41:02 +0100, "Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tim
>>Or perhaps it is a rubbish phone that nobody else will buy.

>Not necessarily, this is an unknown make (of phone) in UK and probably
>Europe too, and it's neither simple mobile phone, nor fully featured one
>like the top of the range Nokia's, etc.
>Consequently it must be fairly difficult to sell.
>But the price is right, so I am tempted.
>Regards,
>Martin

As they are selling so cheap compared with other outlets these from
Sipgate must have something wrong or different about them .

Iain

> As they are selling so cheap compared with other outlets these from
> Sipgate must have something wrong or different about them .

We can rely on you to get it wrong, Ron.

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Iain <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
: (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
:
: > As they are selling so cheap compared with other outlets these from
: > Sipgate must have something wrong or different about them .
:
: We can rely on you to get it wrong, Ron.

Indeed

I look forward to a review from someone who's bought one, quite tempted.
The battery life quoted is a bit worrying though, being used to a Nokia
6310i which lasts for weeks on standby..!

Ivor

cybuerke

"simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 03 May 2008 20:10:47 GMT, T i m said:
>
>>Anyway, still early days but I'd thought I'd mention what I've
>>experienced so far.

> One thing that puts me off this phone is the one hour talk time (as
> reported by Sipgate). Is it really as bad as that?

This is the same phone as the Tovo t450g, which has a reported talk time of
240 min GSM and 160 min WiFi and 150 hrs Standby.

http://www.tovo.com/t450g_WiFi-GSM_Mobile.htm#

Ivor Jones

In news:g048lb$5t4$(E-Mail Removed),
cybuerke <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: "simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > On Sat, 03 May 2008 20:10:47 GMT, T i m said:
: >
: >>Anyway, still early days but I'd thought I'd mention what I've
: >>experienced so far.
: >
: > One thing that puts me off this phone is the one hour talk time (as
: > reported by Sipgate). Is it really as bad as that?
:
: This is the same phone as the Tovo t450g, which has a reported talk
: time of 240 min GSM and 160 min WiFi and 150 hrs Standby.
:
: http://www.tovo.com/t450g_WiFi-GSM_Mobile.htm#

Bit of a price difference though..! Are we sure the Sipgate/Pirelli
version has no limitations or cut-down facilities in comparison..?

Ivor

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:

[snip]

: I surprised that anything is selling regarding Sipgate I requested
: that they completely remove me from their database a year or so ago
: now but they still so fit to stuff their rubbish into my mailbox.
: It is time their UK representative got them sorted regarding sending
: out unsolicited mail in fact I shall be in the land of the great Adolf
: in a couple of weeks time I shall drop in and sort them myself .

I'd pay to see that..! I thought you said you'd never set foot in Germany,
Ron..?

Ivor

mymail@hotmail.co.uk

On Sat, 10 May 2008 17:07:45 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
>unexplained reason:
>
>[snip]
>
>: I surprised that anything is selling regarding Sipgate I requested
>: that they completely remove me from their database a year or so ago
>: now but they still so fit to stuff their rubbish into my mailbox.
>: It is time their UK representative got them sorted regarding sending
>: out unsolicited mail in fact I shall be in the land of the great Adolf
>: in a couple of weeks time I shall drop in and sort them myself .
>
>I'd pay to see that..! I thought you said you'd never set foot in Germany,
>Ron..?

Where Sipgate is concerned I would even set foot in blasted Israel.

cybuerke

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news:g048lb$5t4$(E-Mail Removed),
> cybuerke <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained
> reason:
> : This is the same phone as the Tovo t450g, which has a reported talk
> : time of 240 min GSM and 160 min WiFi and 150 hrs Standby.
> :
> : http://www.tovo.com/t450g_WiFi-GSM_Mobile.htm#
>
> Bit of a price difference though..! Are we sure the Sipgate/Pirelli
> version has no limitations or cut-down facilities in comparison..?
>
> Ivor

<sucks in breath> I'm about to find out, as my my phone's due to be
delivered on Wednesday. I've checked the user manual for both 'models' and
they're identical. Any significant difference though, and back it trots to
Dusseldorf.

I'll report back.

: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
[...]

Ok let me know when, I'll come and watch..! I might even sell tickets.

Ivor

Pirelli DP-L10 battery Dave Higton UK VOIP 4 05-13-2009 08:23 PM
Pirelli DP- L10 Status Al UK VOIP 7 06-04-2008 01:50 AM
Pirelli DP-L10 - change startup image..? Ivor Jones UK VOIP 6 06-02-2008 08:57 AM

Advertisments