Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > FA: PANASONIC Lumix SLR

FA: PANASONIC Lumix SLR

Dave

http://xrl.us/PanasonicLumix

Jeff R.

news:(E-Mail Removed) d.net...
> http://xrl.us/PanasonicLumix

SLR?

dj_nme

Jeff R. wrote:

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) d.net...
>
>> http://xrl.us/PanasonicLumix

> SLR?

The website doesn't seem to exist, or is taking way too long to load and
causing an error.

Panasonic does make a FourThirds system DSLR camera: the DMC-L1.

I doubt very much that this post was for an auction of a DMC-L1, it's
more likely to be for an EVF digicam such as an FZ20, FZ30 or FZ50.
They are "SLR shaped": bulky body with a big lens at the front and an
EVF in a fake pentaprism hump for an eye-level viewfinder.
Some rube night believe it's an DSLR camera, but they would be wrong.

m II

dj_nme wrote:
> Jeff R. wrote:
>>
>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) d.net...
>>
>>> http://xrl.us/PanasonicLumix

>> SLR?

> The website doesn't seem to exist, or is taking way too long to load and
> causing an error.

The full address is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PANASONIC-LUMIX-...:B:SRCH:US:101

you may have to cut and paste that into the URL bar, removing any empty
spaces that Windows may shove in there. I hate Windows.

mike

Jeff R.

"m II" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:MS_Sj.240$KB3.215@edtnps91...

> The full address is:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/PANASONIC-LUMIX-...:B:SRCH:US:101
>

> you may have to cut and paste that into the URL bar, removing any empty
> spaces that Windows may shove in there. I hate Windows.
>
> mike

The abbreviated address is

Winders is fine if you know how to use it.

Oh - and it's a Panasonic DMC-FZ8, not an SLR.

dj_nme

Jeff R. wrote:
<snip>
> The abbreviated address is
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320245488582
>
> Winders is fine if you know how to use it.
>
> Oh - and it's a Panasonic DMC-FZ8, not an SLR.

So, my guess was correct (an EVF digicam) without even looking at the
auction page.
What a surprise

Nigel Cummings

Yes it has a single lens, but please dont call it an SLR - a paperweight
might be a better description.
I bought one of these horrors, and found it to have terrible noise even at
low ISO settings. The lens even though it says Leica on it, is nothing much
to write home about, and the purple fringing and barrel distortion exhibited
in images produced from this camera make it well nigh unusable for anything
more than 6x4 enprints. Avoid like the plague!

news:(E-Mail Removed) d.net...