Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: screen sizes ? which is best ?

Re: screen sizes ? which is best ?

ded

"Laserfink" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> this is from my weblog ...........
>
> 1024x768 34.2 %
> 1280x1024 20.3 %
> 1280x800 17.4 %
> 1440x900 8.9 %
> 1680x1050 5.4 %
> Others 13.4 %
>

> Based on my users typical screen sizes which width suits best ?
>

> My current site width is:760px;

> Laserfink LM-PL

The monitor dictates what screen resolution it can handle,
Of visitors to your weblog, and the stats you supply, all will be
able to view your blog without any concerns, if you increase
width to 1024x768 (the most common and minimum listed above)
again all will be able to view, and may well be better than your
current ratio. But if as an example you increased ratio to the max
of 1680x1050, depending on content of your blog, it *may* not
look so good in such a high resolution ratio, and the lower res
viewers *may* have banding issues etc.

Blinky the Shark

ded wrote:

> "Laserfink" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> this is from my weblog ...........
>>
>> 1024x768 34.2 %
>> 1280x1024 20.3 %
>> 1280x800 17.4 %
>> 1440x900 8.9 %
>> 1680x1050 5.4 %
>> Others 13.4 %
>>

>> Based on my users typical screen sizes which width suits best ?
>>

>> My current site width is:760px;
>>
>> --

>> Laserfink LM-PL
>>

> The monitor dictates what screen resolution it can handle, Of visitors to
> your weblog, and the stats you supply, all will be able to view your blog
> without any concerns, if you increase width to 1024x768 (the most common
> and minimum listed above) again all will be able to view, and may well be
> better than your current ratio. But if as an example you increased ratio
> to the max of 1680x1050, depending on content of your blog, it *may* not
> look so good in such a high resolution ratio, and the lower res viewers
> *may* have banding issues etc.

Oh, and here's another problem with all of the numbers you guys are
throwing around.

My screen size is 1920x1200.

My browsers get half that: 960x1200.

Those stats don't reflect non-maximized apps, and with bigger and bigger
monitors that's more common.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups