Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > centering web page

centering web page

luannj

Does anyone know of a cut/paste script that will center a webpage on a
monitor regardless of screen resolution?

TIA,
Lu Ann

Jonathan N. Little

luannj wrote:
> Does anyone know of a cut/paste script that will center a webpage on a
> monitor regardless of screen resolution?

Why? Maybe I have another app window in that location. Hint: don't
assume your visitors never multitask.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

rf

luannj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:0857b4dc-1b2c-4065-8de0-

Oh My &deity. I switched on google gropers for a minute or three, just to
see if the spam barrage has died down. Nope, it has not...

And I come across this:

> Does anyone know of a cut/paste script that will center a webpage on a
> monitor regardless of screen resolution?

Cut/paste? The source of all the cargo cult rubbish we have seen here
from day to day for the last ten years. Next we will be wanting HTML
comments inside script elements cause that is what was pasted before! And
BTW surely we mean copy/paste

Monitor? Centre something on my *monitor*? What about my other two
monitors? Is this site to be centred across all three of them together,
or each of them singly, one by one?

Screen resolution? What does that have to do with my browser canvas size?
One might as well ask how big my mouse mat is for that is the real limit
of my interaction with a web site. If a link is off the edge of my mouse
mat then I cannot click on it

Centre? How many threads are there currently running on this very
subject? How many have there been in the last week/year? And why
centred?. Why should something be "centred"? Should a web page not use
all the available space instead of wasting it on some probably pathetic
background?

<rant>
FFS can't these people who use google groups to polute usenet not also,
or rather instead, use google groups archive to find the answers to their
absolutely trivial and mostly stupid questions that have been asked and
answered thousands of times before?

Bloody dipsticks, the lot of them! Back in the bozo bin with them all.
</rant>

--
Richard
Killing all google groups posts

Jonathan N. Little

rf wrote:

> <rant>
> FFS can't these people who use google groups to polute usenet not also,
> or rather instead, use google groups archive to find the answers to their
> absolutely trivial and mostly stupid questions that have been asked and
> answered thousands of times before?
>
> Bloody dipsticks, the lot of them! Back in the bozo bin with them all.
> </rant>

Can be frustrating at times, be every once in a while we can show the
light to the GG code monkey and they can learn to produce accommodating,
approachable, and cooperative websites. But I have to admit that I tire
of the cheap shoes and watches pitch!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

Neredbojias wrote:

> But think if you were a poor person in need of footwear and a timepiece.

Hmmm a streaker comes to mind...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
luannj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a cut/paste script that will center a webpage on a
> monitor regardless of screen resolution?

Please search archives for a thread on my paper "Naive 'Centre
Hankering' Aesthetics" and if you need more, please send $US 1.75 for a
signed copy.

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <a2181$481b1ef7$40cba7bc$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Can be frustrating at times, be every once in a while we can show the
> light to the GG code monkey and they can learn to produce accommodating,
> approachable, and cooperative websites. But I have to admit that I tire
> of the cheap shoes and watches pitch!

I get almost none of those in my MT newsreader. At least for the last
few months? But when I am searching for some topic or post at Google on
the groups, there is an absolute ton of the stuff.

But, actually, my real motivation in coming on here is simple,
Joanathan, are you personally wanting a watch? Because I know you, I am
prepared to let you have any one of a number of fine watches and pens
(you want a pen?) at absolute bargain base prices. But this offer,
however personal, cannot last forever. Grab a bargain now... We are not
talking dorayme literature on frames or aesthetics but hard cashable
goods, watches, pens, wallets (real leather, embossed ... want a
wallet?)...

--
dorayme

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme wrote:

> But, actually, my real motivation in coming on here is simple,
> Joanathan, are you personally wanting a watch? Because I know you, I am
> prepared to let you have any one of a number of fine watches and pens

Actually I need a watch. A couple of buttons fell off of my current one.
I just get those Wally-Mart $6 specials...kind of hard on watches so I
usually need a new one before the battery dies...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

dorayme wrote:

> Please search archives for a thread on my paper "Naive 'Centre
> Hankering' Aesthetics" and if you need more, please send $US 1.75 for a
> signed copy.

You want USD? Why they ain't worth jack!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

dorayme

In article <6e469$481b9e6d$40cba7bc$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> dorayme wrote:
>
> > Please search archives for a thread on my paper "Naive 'Centre
> > Hankering' Aesthetics" and if you need more, please send $US 1.75 for a
> > signed copy.
> >

> You want USD? Why they ain't worth jack!

Now, no need to flatter me. I am an honest trader and I set my prices
according to the worth of the goods. <g>

--
dorayme

Centering whole page in CSS Scott HTML 3 07-18-2004 12:01 AM
Centering a page of thumbnails =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_de_Dardel?= HTML 11 04-06-2004 04:02 AM
Q: Centering flash on page martin weinberger HTML 6 09-29-2003 05:08 AM
Re: Centering image on page? Jerry Muelver HTML 0 06-25-2003 08:27 PM
Re: Centering image on page? Richard HTML 0 06-25-2003 07:53 PM

Advertisments