Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VLANs with all layer 3 switches

VLANs with all layer 3 switches

baxao baxao is offline
Junior Member

I am trying to set up vlans with all layer 3 switches. It will have 4 switches, 2 at the distribution layer and 2 at access layer. The switches at access layer will be dual-home to the switches at the distribution layer.

All the material that I've read, assign vlans to layer 2 switches then use layer 3 switch(es) or router to route between vlans. I am thinking there may be a better way to do it. Since all my switches are layer 3 switches, there may be a way to configure VLAN without layer 2 trunking in order to avoid STP. Please help. Thanks.