Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: All master volume control is lost

Re: All master volume control is lost

Snit

"Alan Clement" <(E-Mail Removed)> stated in post
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) on 4/30/08 10:10 PM:

> Please help if you can. HP Pavilion1630n running XP Media Center
> Edition. Lost volume, went through available troubleshooting with no
> results. Here is what's happening- Master control volume is at zero
> {lowest possible setting]. When I drag the volume control slider it
> falls back to where it was. If I play an mp3 I can hear it if I hold
> the volume control with the mouse- let go it falls back to the lowest
> position. When I hold it it is not stable . There is a constant
> fluctuation up and down from whatever level I am holding it at.
> Soundless, I welcome your help. Alan

You can try deleting the sound card drivers in the device manager and then
rebooting - perhaps into Safe Mode.

Just a guess though...

--
Prescott Computer Guy: Michael Glasser