Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Network Connection

Wireless Network Connection

=?Utf-8?B?THluZGEgTWNMYXVnaGxpbg==?=

I have a Dlink router which links two desktops. I recently bought a wireless
Access Point, which I connected to the router and for a few daysit worked
perfectly with my laptop (AcerTravelmate 2300) but has all of a sudden
stopped working.
There was a problem with the Network at work and the technician there had to
put on Microsoft AntiSpyware to everyone's laptop.
Is this likely to have changed settings or something? And therefore is this
likelyto have caused the wireless connection to stop working?
Anyone got any ideas?

Danny Kile

Lynda McLaughlin wrote:
> I have a Dlink router which links two desktops. I recently bought a wireless
> Access Point, which I connected to the router and for a few daysit worked
> perfectly with my laptop (AcerTravelmate 2300) but has all of a sudden
> stopped working.
> There was a problem with the Network at work and the technician there had to
> put on Microsoft AntiSpyware to everyone's laptop.
> Is this likely to have changed settings or something? And therefore is this
> likelyto have caused the wireless connection to stop working?
> Anyone got any ideas?

MS Anti-Spyware should not have killed you connection, however, the
removal of some spyware/malware after it has made changes to you WinSock
can kill a connection. You did not say what your OS was on this PC. You
may try the following links and then post back with the results.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817571

--
Danny Kile
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

"Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
you." Mary Bly