Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > my sql connectivity

my sql connectivity

focode

i have downloaded "mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.tar" and the related
connecter for java and set the class path , my programa compiled well
but it reported error class not found exception then preceded
by ...................

"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)"

i want to learn the connectivity with mysql , can any one suggest a
simple tutorial

thanks

Leonard Milcin

focode wrote:
> i have downloaded "mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.tar" and the related
> connecter for java and set the class path , my programa compiled well
> but it reported error class not found exception then preceded
> by ...................
>
> "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)"
>
> i want to learn the connectivity with mysql , can any one suggest a
> simple tutorial
>
> thanks

You don't have the *jar* file in the classpath. Your program will compile
well without the driver because it's loaded by name.

Best regards,
Leonard

--
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-- Leonardo da Vinci