Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How can I write right-justified into a 12 chars width field?

How can I write right-justified into a 12 chars width field?

Catherina Svensson

Lets say I have a String var which can contain values of different lengths e.g.
"aaa" or "bb bb bb".

I want to print them out with System.out.println right-justified with a field width
of 12 chars. If necessary this field should be left padded with blanks.
For the samples above the output should be e.g.:

" aaa"
and
" bb bb bb"

How can I implement this right-justified, blank padded, fixed-width filed output in Java?

Cat