Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP Question

Reply
Thread Tools

Windows XP Question

 
 
Viper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2008
Does any one know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP? I guess it
should be soon. The RC2 for Windows XP SP3 had been out and is now not
available for download.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dan C
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2008
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:37:42 -0400, Viper wrote:

> Does any one know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP? I guess it
> should be soon. The RC2 for Windows XP SP3 had been out and is now not
> available for download.


I think it's already out.

You didn't think (or bother) to check the MicroSloth website?


--
"Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
joevan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2008
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:37:42 -0400, "Viper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does any one know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP? I guess it
>should be soon. The RC2 for Windows XP SP3 had been out and is now not
>available for download.
>

I heard it was today, Tuesday the 29 of April. Maybe they mean
afternoon or at midnight?
 
Reply With Quote
 
joevan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2008
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:38:52 -0500, Dan C
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:37:42 -0400, Viper wrote:
>
>> Does any one know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP? I guess it
>> should be soon. The RC2 for Windows XP SP3 had been out and is now not
>> available for download.

>
>I think it's already out.
>
>You didn't think (or bother) to check the MicroSloth website?

You think, I thunk he thank. Er: did you check I did but got the
runaround. Maybe as I said in my other post it may be afternoon? If
you find it would you clue us in so we can download.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dan C
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2008
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:47:55 +0000, joevan wrote:

>>> Does any one know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP? I guess it
>>> should be soon. The RC2 for Windows XP SP3 had been out and is now not
>>> available for download.


>>I think it's already out.
>>You didn't think (or bother) to check the MicroSloth website?


> You think, I thunk he thank. Er: did you check I did but got the
> runaround. Maybe as I said in my other post it may be afternoon? If
> you find it would you clue us in so we can download.


I won't find it, as I'm not looking for it, as I don't even use Windoze.

What exactly do you think this SP3 is going to do to improve your life?
Is it really that important?


--
"Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bucky Breeder
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2008
"Viper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c49c0$48172e44$944ec48a$(E-Mail Removed):

> Does any one know when Microsoft will release SP3
> for Windows XP? I guess it should be soon. The RC2
> for Windows XP SP3 had been out and is now not
> available for download.


http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-90001.html

(Use the RO link -- it's still an "ENU" file...)

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?p=25085

FILE: WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe
BUILD: 2600.xpsp.080413-2111 : Service Pack 3, v.5512
MD5: BB25707C919DD835A9D9706B5725AF58
CRC 32: C411A9DA

http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...e/svpk/2008/04
/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe

file from link (above) : bb25707c919dd835a9d9706b5725af58

--

I *am* Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and *I* approve this message!

Whereas, I can *NOT* tell a lie : *it* *was* *I*
who put the "Bomp" in the "Bomp Bah Bomp Bah Bomp"
then put the "Ram" in the "Rama Lama Ding Dong"
and remain unabashedly unapologetic and unrepentant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85DUPbkDXT0
 
Reply With Quote
 
joevan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2008
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:29:36 -0500, Dan C
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:47:55 +0000, joevan wrote:
>
>>>> Does any one know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP? I guess it
>>>> should be soon. The RC2 for Windows XP SP3 had been out and is now not
>>>> available for download.

>
>>>I think it's already out.
>>>You didn't think (or bother) to check the MicroSloth website?

>
>> You think, I thunk he thank. Er: did you check I did but got the
>> runaround. Maybe as I said in my other post it may be afternoon? If
>> you find it would you clue us in so we can download.

>
>I won't find it, as I'm not looking for it, as I don't even use Windoze.
>
>What exactly do you think this SP3 is going to do to improve your life?
>Is it really that important?

Not particularly, but having all the updates in one download for
future reference would help if one needed to do a repair or something
like that. I have 2 xp pro disks with sp2 on them, would be nice to
have one maybe with sp3 on it?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2008
"Viper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does any one know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP? I guess it
>should be soon. The RC2 for Windows XP SP3 had been out and is now not
>available for download.
>


Last-Minute Glitch Holds Up Windows XP SP3
http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/08/04/29/2018252.shtml


--

Stuff
http://www.thatwasfunny.com/explain-...e-company/1450
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2008
You jerk that'll slow your computer down into dog fartland. Stick with sp2 with no
updates to keep your computer at peak efficiency.

joevan wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:29:36 -0500, Dan C
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:47:55 +0000, joevan wrote:
> >
> >>>> Does any one know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP? I guess it
> >>>> should be soon. The RC2 for Windows XP SP3 had been out and is now not
> >>>> available for download.

> >
> >>>I think it's already out.
> >>>You didn't think (or bother) to check the MicroSloth website?

> >
> >> You think, I thunk he thank. Er: did you check I did but got the
> >> runaround. Maybe as I said in my other post it may be afternoon? If
> >> you find it would you clue us in so we can download.

> >
> >I won't find it, as I'm not looking for it, as I don't even use Windoze.
> >
> >What exactly do you think this SP3 is going to do to improve your life?
> >Is it really that important?

> Not particularly, but having all the updates in one download for
> future reference would help if one needed to do a repair or something
> like that. I have 2 xp pro disks with sp2 on them, would be nice to
> have one maybe with sp3 on it?


--
The 3, 2, 1 master of the CyberFROG

Regards Tony... Making usenet better for everyone everyday


 
Reply With Quote
 
Sean_Q_
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-01-2008
tom wrote:

> You
> remind me of the guys in high school that hated school so bad, quit as soon
> as they could, but were back hanging around school every chance they got.


Sure, because there were girls.

SQ

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question regarding python2.5 migration from windows xp to windows 7 python_tsp Python 2 10-14-2010 10:19 PM
!Windows Live Mail replace Outlook Express on Windows XP and Windows Mail on Vista... Max Burke NZ Computing 8 05-18-2007 12:10 AM
Question about file handles and windows handles @ Windows Operating Systems eino Python 1 05-08-2007 09:14 PM
Windows XP laptop and Windows 2000 desktop won't communicate =?Utf-8?B?UmlmbGVtYW4=?= Wireless Networking 0 08-19-2004 03:35 AM



Advertisments