Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to enable AJAX in ASPX page after the fact

How to enable AJAX in ASPX page after the fact

Cirene

I created an ASP.NET website using Visual Studio 2008. I want to now use
some of the AJAX tools, but they won't drag/drop on my master page. I think
I have to somehow "enable" AJAX or reference the files properly. Any advice
on how I can enable the ASPX page for AJAX?

Lloyd Sheen

"Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I created an ASP.NET website using Visual Studio 2008. I want to now use
>some of the AJAX tools, but they won't drag/drop on my master page. I
>think I have to somehow "enable" AJAX or reference the files properly. Any
>advice on how I can enable the ASPX page for AJAX?

http://aspalliance.com/1315_AJAXenab...SPNET_Web_Page
http://asp.net/ajax/documentation/li...SPNETAJAX.aspx

are two of many Google results

remember Google is your friend.

LS

Lloyd Sheen

"Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I created an ASP.NET website using Visual Studio 2008. I want to now use
>some of the AJAX tools, but they won't drag/drop on my master page. I
>think I have to somehow "enable" AJAX or reference the files properly. Any
>advice on how I can enable the ASPX page for AJAX?

and if you want a video showing how

http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/

LS

Scott M.

You'll first need to add a ScriptManager to the page and then most likely a
content panel. From there, you can put AJAX stuff in that panel.

"Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I created an ASP.NET website using Visual Studio 2008. I want to now use
>some of the AJAX tools, but they won't drag/drop on my master page. I
>think I have to somehow "enable" AJAX or reference the files properly. Any
>advice on how I can enable the ASPX page for AJAX?

Cirene

Thanks!!!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You'll first need to add a ScriptManager to the page and then most likely
> a content panel. From there, you can put AJAX stuff in that panel.
>

> "Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I created an ASP.NET website using Visual Studio 2008. I want to now use
>>some of the AJAX tools, but they won't drag/drop on my master page. I
>>think I have to somehow "enable" AJAX or reference the files properly.
>>Any advice on how I can enable the ASPX page for AJAX?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Try this blog entry:
http://tinyurl.com/5flcj8

--