Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Word wrap existing PDF?

Re: Word wrap existing PDF?

thanatoid

"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

<SNIP>

> It seems like a better set of questions is: what are you
> trying to do with the page and how can you best accomplish
> it?

An even better question would be, WHY would someone make a PDF
of a badly designed publication/document and expect it to look
good in PDF? PDF makes an EXACT (just cross-platform and a LOT
smaller in filesize) version, it can not and does not correct
author errors.

If you want word wrap, even Notepad has a wordwrap toggle. Etc.

--
Of course, it is no easy matter to be polite; in so far, I mean,
as it requires us to show great respect for everybody, whereas

- Arthur Schopenhauer

james_paterson james_paterson is offline
Junior Member

It is hard to be polite, but you may as well have said nothing since you don't know the answer. I too have a pdf file I would like to word wrap to read on my smartphone. It is a paper that a University has only made available in that format. I do not know why, but while why is an interesting question, it is not a better question and it's answer will not help me word wrap the file I have.

* adobe reader lets you reflow which is more or less the same as word wrapping

Last edited by james_paterson; 12-27-2012 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: added info