Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > digital back for sf1

digital back for sf1

biffster

Does anyone know of a retrofit digital back for Pentax SF 1? Ricoh
or other K mount body manufacturer? I have too many lenses to change
from Pentax, and I am too cheap to buy a new body. Thanks.

--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.DigiForumz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.DigiForumz.com/digital-ba...pict11854.html

nospam

In article <112044_ed5b57171a239f17a4b96bc83b3fb89f@digiforum z.com>,
biffster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a retrofit digital back for Pentax SF 1? Ricoh
> or other K mount body manufacturer? I have too many lenses to change
> from Pentax, and I am too cheap to buy a new body. Thanks.

there aren't any digital backs for 35mm cameras and there is virtually
no chance one will ever be made.

if you have a lot of pentax k-mount lenses, then consider a stabilized
pentax k100d or the non-stabilized k110d. they've been replaced so you
can probably find a good deal on one, or find one used. you might find
the older pentax *ist-d, ds, dl ds2 and dl2 cameras for even less.

Roy G

"Yoshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:48150a17$0$31733$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:270420081845225125%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <112044_ed5b57171a239f17a4b96bc83b3fb89f@digiforum z.com>,
>> biffster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a retrofit digital back for Pentax SF 1? Ricoh
>>> or other K mount body manufacturer? I have too many lenses to change
>>> from Pentax, and I am too cheap to buy a new body. Thanks.

>> there aren't any digital backs for 35mm cameras and there is virtually
>> no chance one will ever be made.
>>
>> if you have a lot of pentax k-mount lenses, then consider a stabilized
>> pentax k100d or the non-stabilized k110d. they've been replaced so you
>> can probably find a good deal on one, or find one used. you might find
>> the older pentax *ist-d, ds, dl ds2 and dl2 cameras for even less.

> The LEICA DIGITAL -MODUL-R is a digital camera back designed to fit
> regular production LEICA R8 and R9 cameras. So your blanket statement is
> misinformation. If you don't know what you are talking about, it's best
> not to say anything and not be taken for an idiot.
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0306/03...adigitalr9.asp

Of course!!

How silly of anyone to overlook such an everyday piece of hardware. There
must be many, many thousands of them in use.

Let me think, just how many Pentax DSLRs could be bought for the price of
that Back.

Roy G

nospam

In article <48150a17$0$31733$(E-Mail Removed)>, Yoshi
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Does anyone know of a retrofit digital back for Pentax SF 1? Ricoh
> >> or other K mount body manufacturer? I have too many lenses to change
> >> from Pentax, and I am too cheap to buy a new body. Thanks.

> > there aren't any digital backs for 35mm cameras and there is virtually
> > no chance one will ever be made.
> >
> > if you have a lot of pentax k-mount lenses, then consider a stabilized
> > pentax k100d or the non-stabilized k110d. they've been replaced so you
> > can probably find a good deal on one, or find one used. you might find
> > the older pentax *ist-d, ds, dl ds2 and dl2 cameras for even less.

> The LEICA DIGITAL -MODUL-R is a digital camera back designed to fit regular
> production LEICA R8 and R9 cameras. So your blanket statement is
> misinformation. If you don't know what you are talking about, it's best not
> to say anything and not be taken for an idiot.

i think it's fairly clear that i was referring to 35mm *slr* cameras
because the original poster had a film slr, not a rangefinder. there
are a number of issues that preclude making a digital back for a 35mm
slr that do not necessarily apply to a rangefinder, the shutter being
the obvious one.

nospam

In article <48151891$0$31747$(E-Mail Removed)>, Yoshi
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I think it's clear that you are so ****ing stupid you don't know that the
> Leica R8 and R9 are reflex cameras. Moron. Just STFU before you embarass
> yourself even more.

why i'm responding to a rude idiot i don't know but the leica is the
sole exception. it's also not clear how well it actually works in
practice.

the original poster had a pentax and there are *no* digital backs for
it, nor will there be.