Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Sequence of events on a web form

Re: Sequence of events on a web form

Craig Deelsnyder

Page_Load is run on every page load or postback. Remember the web is
stateless, so ASP.NET, when a request comes in, it creates the corresponding
Page class/object for whatever page was requested. It then runs the
Page_Load event and continues from there.

If there's some processing you want done only once (when the page is first
loaded from the user's perspective), add a check for IsPostBack in the
Page_Load event....

If Not IsPostBack then
'//do some initial page loading, maybe setup your table, bind datasources,
etc.
End If

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

"John Black" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am a little confused about the sequence of events on a webform. I am

going
> through the MCAD/MCSE certification book for .NET programming from
> Microsoft. Chapter 5 is the database chapter. I am trying to bind a

datagrid