Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Bad connetion good signel straight using multible wifi cards

Bad connetion good signel straight using multible wifi cards

tom@mywebstyle.com

I am running windows xp pro sp2 and windows ME and in XP I must repair
the connetion every time I boot up and wont to get on the internet. I
get good signel straigth but in connetion propertys it says "invaild
IP address" "limited or no connectivity" most of the time I repaire
the connetion and go on with my session but some time I louse the
connetion and must repair it again. also the connetion is slow at best
and has simular problems with all cards I have tryed. Also I have
windows ME on the same computer and I have no internet problems in
windows ME so I know it's some thing wrong with my XP

any Ideas
Thomas

Chuck [MVP]

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:20:05 -0700 (PDT), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I am running windows xp pro sp2 and windows ME and in XP I must repair
>the connetion every time I boot up and wont to get on the internet. I
>get good signel straigth but in connetion propertys it says "invaild
>IP address" "limited or no connectivity" most of the time I repaire
>the connetion and go on with my session but some time I louse the
>connetion and must repair it again. also the connetion is slow at best
>and has simular problems with all cards I have tryed. Also I have
>windows ME on the same computer and I have no internet problems in
>windows ME so I know it's some thing wrong with my XP
>
>any Ideas
>Thomas

Thomas,

Repairing the connection isn't a magic wand, that you should have to wave it
repeatedly over and over. If you have to do this over and over you have
something wrong.

If you install a new card, make sure that the drivers for the old card are not
present. Each different manufacturer installs drivers in a different way - make
_very_ sure that there are not any traces from another driver when you are using
any one card.
<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2006/01/stabilise-your-wifi-use-only-one-wifi.html>
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2006...-one-wifi.html

And make sure that you have the most current drivers, for any card, gotten from
the vendor of the card.
<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/08/driver-updates-from-microsoft-please.html>
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...ft-please.html

--