Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Who thinks that the long term

Who thinks that the long term

measekite

Who thinks that the long term trend will be towards full frame DSLRs and away from the C size sensor.  If that is the case then one should never consider buying a DX or EF-S lens since they cannot work on a full frame.  And if you have both should you not purchase them either.

Or if the C sensor is here for the long terms then maybe the DX and EF-S lenses are a good deal.  They are lighter, cheaper, in some cases faster and appear good enough.  One case is the Canon 10-22 EF-S that even outclasses the Nikon12-?? DX.  That is not my opinion as I read it on the Ken Rockwell website and he is a pro Nikon photographer.

David J Taylor

Cynicor wrote:
> measekite wrote:
>> Who thinks that the long term trend will be towards full frame DSLRs
>> and away from the C size sensor. If that is the case then one
>> should never consider buying a DX or EF-S lens since they cannot
>> work on a full frame. And if you have both should you not purchase
>> them either. Or if the C sensor is here for the long terms then maybe
>> the DX and
>> EF-S lenses are a good deal. They are lighter, cheaper, in some
>> cases faster and appear good enough. One case is the Canon 10-22
>> EF-S that even outclasses the Nikon12-?? DX. That is not my opinion
>> as I read it on the Ken Rockwell website and he is a pro Nikon
>> photographer.

> I think that the long-term trend will be away from HTML-based Usenet
> messages.

I didn't see the original post - perhaps because my news-server blocks
non-text posts in text-only newsgroups. Please post only text messages to
this newsgroup.

I am pleased with APS-C sized sensors because they allow my DSLR and
lenses to be somewhat smaller and lighter. Were they to disappear, most
likely I would have to change to the more expensive and noisier 4/3
system.

Be wary of what you read on the Web, as different people will have
different opinions according (at least) to what factors they judge as
important when assessing kit.

Cheers,
David