Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Western (iso-8859-1) and Unicode (utf-8)

Re: Western (iso-8859-1) and Unicode (utf-8)

catchme

gregvk wrote:

> Doesn't apply to Windows, where the basic foundational functions are:
> - Trying not to crash
> - Phoning home to Bill to tell him what you're up to
> - Making your shiny new overclocked XPS 720 HPC run like an old 386
> - Looking pretty

i would question the "looking pretty" bit...

--
To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
Resist much, obey little,

-Walt Whitman, 1860

AqD

On Apr 27, 9:12 pm, catchme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> gregvk wrote:
> > Doesn't apply to Windows, where the basic foundational functions are:
> > - Trying not to crash
> > - Phoning home to Bill to tell him what you're up to
> > - Making your shiny new overclocked XPS 720 HPC run like an old 386
> > - Looking pretty

> i would question the "looking pretty" bit...

Vista looks pretty for people who have never seen linux or mac....

Dr. Bill

"AqD" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Apr 27, 9:12 pm, catchme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> gregvk wrote:
>> > Doesn't apply to Windows, where the basic foundational functions are:
>> > - Trying not to crash
>> > - Phoning home to Bill to tell him what you're up to
>> > - Making your shiny new overclocked XPS 720 HPC run like an old 386
>> > - Looking pretty

>> i would question the "looking pretty" bit...

> Vista looks pretty for people who have never seen linux or mac....

Dude, I've never seen something "pretty" when I looked at a normal linux,
mac or vista desktop.
Only lah-de-dah p00fters have pretty looking desktops!
--
Please state the nature of the medical emergency?
Dr. Bill's , Usenet Medical Services , First Aid Team [tm].

AqD

On Apr 27, 10:28 pm, "Dr. Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "AqD" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in berichtnews:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> i would question the "looking pretty" bit...

> > Vista looks pretty for people who have never seen linux or mac....

> Dude, I've never seen something "pretty" when I looked at a normal linux,
> mac or vista desktop.

Because you're stupid and have no sense of beauty. You are a monkey!