Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: SSH error: Server unexpectedly closed network connection

Re: SSH error: Server unexpectedly closed network connection

News Reader

Mik wrote:
> I've just enabled crypto - cry key generate rsa (1024) - on my Cisco
> 1700 router - but when I launch my Putty client in v1 or v2 SSH mode -
> they all tell me "Server unexpectedly closed network connection".
> What do I not have enabled?
>
> IOS version c1700-ipbasek9-mz.124-19.bin
>
> Thanks
>
> Mik

New installation, or pre-existing with prior Telnet access?

Have you set login and passwords on the VTYs?

Is SSH a permitted transport on your VTYs?

Do you have an access list restricting source IP or port number?

Best Regards,
News Reader