Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > about AVL tree

about AVL tree

John

hi friends,can any body help me to implement an AVL tree:
1) how to implement the functionalities of AVL Tree,
2) what are importable files,and
3)how to compute the complexities of the functions...

Chris Smith

John wrote:

> hi friends,can any body help me to implement an AVL tree:
> 1) how to implement the functionalities of AVL Tree,
> 2) what are importable files,and
> 3)how to compute the complexities of the functions...

That's a huge question. I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific if
you want a reasonable chance of a good answer.

Wikipedia has a decent article on AVL trees with some pseudo-code and
illustrations. "Importable files" isn't a commonly used term in Java,
but if I had to guess, I'd think it means you should put this into a
package so that someone else's program can import and use it. As for
your third question, you could take a whole semester-long college course
on that; but basically, the technique is to count (generally for the
worst possible case) the number of simple operations that are performed
by the function, in terms of the size of the input. Then express that as
a function, and then perform some simplifications such as dropping non-
leading terms of polynomials, dropping constant coefficients, etc.

--
Chris Smith

AVL tree without malloc in C karthikbalaguru C Programming 29 03-28-2009 05:54 PM
avl tree sophia C Programming 3 04-23-2008 07:37 PM
avl tree Zunbeltz Izaola Python 5 06-01-2005 07:53 PM
sequence to FULLY test AVL tree implementation??? Nobody C++ 3 12-29-2004 07:22 PM
How do you do a REMOVAL in an AVL tree? Nobody C++ 1 12-26-2004 09:03 PM

Advertisments