Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need XP task info utility

Need XP task info utility

Sean_Q_

Somewhere I found (and then forgot) the name of a utility that gives
useful info on currently running tasks; at least more info than
the Windows XP Task Manager does.

Although I don't know the name I know it isn't HijackThis, which I've
already used.

Any help appreciated,

TIA, Sean_Q_

Rick

"Sean_Q_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Somewhere I found (and then forgot) the name of a utility that gives
> useful info on currently running tasks; at least more info than
> the Windows XP Task Manager does.
>
> Although I don't know the name I know it isn't HijackThis, which I've
> already used.

You're probably thinking of Process Explorer from Sysinternals

John Holmes

Sean_Q_ "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Somewhere I found (and then forgot) the name of a utility that gives
> useful info on currently running tasks; at least more info than
> the Windows XP Task Manager does.
>
> Although I don't know the name I know it isn't HijackThis, which I've
> already used.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> TIA, Sean_Q_

Process Explorer?

--
<snip>

Shel-hed

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:46:50 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm guessing it's Process Explorer from the Sysinternals site.

I thought you wrote "Princess explorer".

Hubba! (Well, until the King finds out)

Sean_Q_

Rick wrote:

> You're probably thinking of Process Explorer from Sysinternals
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx

That must be the one; thanks for the help everyone.

SQ