Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > frames content disappears

frames content disappears

Daniel

I am editing a website that has two frames, one for the menu and one
for the content. Something strange happens when I edit the menu HTML
file. The menu disappears from the frame when I remove just one row
from the table containing the menu. How can this be, I am only
removing one menu item ?

Jonathan N. Little

Daniel wrote:
> I am editing a website that has two frames, one for the menu and one
> for the content. Something strange happens when I edit the menu HTML
> file. The menu disappears from the frame when I remove just one row
> from the table containing the menu. How can this be, I am only
> removing one menu item ?

The problem is on....let's see call on Mentok the Mind Tinker
(ooo-wee-ooo)...line 16 of you code.

Seriously, a URL please. Obviously, you are causing a syntax error in
your markup.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am editing a website that has two frames, one for the menu and one
> for the content. Something strange happens when I edit the menu HTML
> file. The menu disappears from the frame when I remove just one row
> from the table containing the menu. How can this be, I am only
> removing one menu item ?

Two theories to this mystery:

1. There is only one row to the table and removing it removes the only
content there is.

2. Perhaps I better not... my leeway is nearly run out...

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <Xns9A89EBE131111neredbojiasnano@85.214.90.236>,
Neredbojias <me@http://www.neredbojias.com/_eml/fliam.php> wrote:

> On 23 Apr 2008, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> I am editing a website that has two frames, one for the menu and one
> >> for the content. Something strange happens when I edit the menu HTML
> >> file. The menu disappears from the frame when I remove just one row
> >> from the table containing the menu. How can this be, I am only
> >> removing one menu item ?

> > Two theories to this mystery:
> >
> > 1. There is only one row to the table and removing it removes the only
> > content there is.

> Ha, I was going to say that! See how you've corrupted me...
>
> > 2. Perhaps I better not... my leeway is nearly run out...

> You've indicated previously you're around 60 so no surprise there.

I never indicated any such thing. How dare you! You are out by at least
an order of magnitude, young man.

--
dorayme

richard

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:59:09 -0700 (PDT), Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am editing a website that has two frames, one for the menu and one
>for the content. Something strange happens when I edit the menu HTML
>file. The menu disappears from the frame when I remove just one row
>from the table containing the menu. How can this be, I am only
>removing one menu item ?

A row or a data cell?
To drop the entire table row you must delete from <tr> to </tr>.

You're probably deleting more than you should so the entire menu
disappears because of syntax problems that can't be defined.

Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM
wxPython: Notebook page content disappears when ntb. event defined Martin Zuber Python 1 10-21-2003 05:55 AM

Advertisments