Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.Net Code Not Firing

ASP.Net Code Not Firing

MDW

I just enabled IIS on my computer but apparently my configuration isn't quite
right. I have the following code below in a "test.aspx" file, but when I
bring it up in my browser, I get a blank page.

I've already granted the "ASPNET" user Admin rights on this computer and
used that as the default account for anonymous access. I'm probably missing
something basic but I can't for the life of me figure out.

Here's the code that doesn't seem to be firing:

<% @Page Language="VB" Debug="True" %>

<head>

<title>ASP.Net Test Site</title>

</head>

<%

Response.Write("<p>Test</p>")

%>

--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I just enabled IIS on my computer but apparently my configuration isn't quite right.

Which OS are you running ?

re:
> <%
> Response.Write("<p>Test</p>")
> %>

That is ASP code, not ASP.NET code.

Try something like this :
<form id="test" runat="server">
<asp:label id="name" runat="server" />Label Test<br/>
</form>

That will tell you if ASP.NET code is being processed.
If it is being processed, a label with the text "Label Test" will be displayed.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"MDW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just enabled IIS on my computer but apparently my configuration isn't quite
> right. I have the following code below in a "test.aspx" file, but when I
> bring it up in my browser, I get a blank page.
>
> I've already granted the "ASPNET" user Admin rights on this computer and
> used that as the default account for anonymous access. I'm probably missing
> something basic but I can't for the life of me figure out.
>
> Here's the code that doesn't seem to be firing:
>
> <% @Page Language="VB" Debug="True" %>

> <head>
>
> <title>ASP.Net Test Site</title>
>
> </head>

> <%
>

> Response.Write("<p>Test</p>")
>

> %>

> --
> Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

Madhur

Its not just IIS, you also need ASP setup on this machine.

--
Madhur

news:OSZhE$(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
> !> I just enabled IIS on my computer but apparently my configuration isn't
> quite right.
>
> Which OS are you running ?
>
> re:
>> <%
>> Response.Write("<p>Test</p>")
>> %>

> That is ASP code, not ASP.NET code.
>
> Try something like this :
> <form id="test" runat="server">
> <asp:label id="name" runat="server" />Label Test<br/>
> </form>
>
> That will tell you if ASP.NET code is being processed.
> If it is being processed, a label with the text "Label Test" will be
> displayed.
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "MDW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I just enabled IIS on my computer but apparently my configuration isn't
>>quite
>> right. I have the following code below in a "test.aspx" file, but when I
>> bring it up in my browser, I get a blank page.
>>
>> I've already granted the "ASPNET" user Admin rights on this computer and
>> used that as the default account for anonymous access. I'm probably
>> missing
>> something basic but I can't for the life of me figure out.
>>
>> Here's the code that doesn't seem to be firing:
>>
>> <% @Page Language="VB" Debug="True" %>

>> <head>
>>
>> <title>ASP.Net Test Site</title>
>>
>> </head>

>> <%
>>

>> Response.Write("<p>Test</p>")
>>

>> %>

>> --
>> Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

MDW

Yes, that's what the problem was, more or less.

Found the speicifc solution at:

"Madhur" wrote:

> Its not just IIS, you also need ASP setup on this machine.
>
> --
> Madhur
>
> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OSZhE$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > re:
> > !> I just enabled IIS on my computer but apparently my configuration isn't
> > quite right.
> >
> > Which OS are you running ?
> >
> > re:
> >> <%
> >> Response.Write("<p>Test</p>")
> >> %>

> > That is ASP code, not ASP.NET code.
> >
> > Try something like this :
> > <form id="test" runat="server">
> > <asp:label id="name" runat="server" />Label Test<br/>
> > </form>
> >
> > That will tell you if ASP.NET code is being processed.
> > If it is being processed, a label with the text "Label Test" will be
> > displayed.
> >

> > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> > asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> > foros de asp.net, en español : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> > ======================================
> > "MDW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>I just enabled IIS on my computer but apparently my configuration isn't
> >>quite
> >> right. I have the following code below in a "test.aspx" file, but when I
> >> bring it up in my browser, I get a blank page.
> >>
> >> I've already granted the "ASPNET" user Admin rights on this computer and
> >> used that as the default account for anonymous access. I'm probably
> >> missing
> >> something basic but I can't for the life of me figure out.
> >>
> >> Here's the code that doesn't seem to be firing:
> >>
> >> <% @Page Language="VB" Debug="True" %>

> >> <head>
> >>
> >> <title>ASP.Net Test Site</title>
> >>
> >> </head>

> >> <%
> >>

> >> Response.Write("<p>Test</p>")
> >>

> >> %>

> >> --
> >> Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Its not just IIS, you also need ASP setup on this machine.

I'm well aware of that, but the OS type is needed
in order to be able to recommend courses of action.

code behind not firing segue ASP .Net 4 03-18-2009 09:12 PM
LinkButton Client side code firing before server side code alexmac262@hotmail.com ASP .Net 1 03-22-2007 06:13 PM
code on button not firing on click Eric Sabine ASP .Net 2 06-03-2004 05:03 PM
Firing an asp:button, from the c# code, not from the form foldface@yahoo.co.uk ASP .Net 3 02-26-2004 03:03 PM
DataGrid SortCommand not firing using code-behind?? Ken Tucker ASP .Net 2 07-06-2003 03:59 AM

Advertisments