Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > What is UPGRADE path for MCSE 2003 (existing MCSE 2K certified)

What is UPGRADE path for MCSE 2003 (existing MCSE 2K certified)

DVakil

I am confused, please advise, at present I am MCSE 2000 certified & want to
know what is upgrade path to MCSE 2003.
I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will this
affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it, kindly
guide.. Thxs

John R

"DVakil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am confused, please advise, at present I am MCSE 2000 certified & want to
> know what is upgrade path to MCSE 2003.
> I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will this
> affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it, kindly
> guide.. Thxs

70-292 and 70-296 have been extended into May (the 24th I believe). Check
with your local Prometric center for more details and to schedule an exam.

Once those have retired, you can still upgrade to MCSE 2003 by taking the
core exams instead. In place of 70-292, you'll need both 70-290 and 70-291.
In place of 70-296 you'll need 70-293 and 70-294.

John R

.rev [askthemct.com]

Was that official Or is it one of those might or might not works things.
Either way I still think it quite ****y to retire an upgrade exam like that.
I see no reason to retire an exam that is built from a bank of questions
which is both still relevant and live in the form of two other exams.

--
..rev [askthemct..com]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "DVakil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am confused, please advise, at present I am MCSE 2000 certified & want
>> know what is upgrade path to MCSE 2003.
>> I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will
>> this
>> affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it,
>> kindly
>> guide.. Thxs

> 70-292 and 70-296 have been extended into May (the 24th I believe). Check
> with your local Prometric center for more details and to schedule an exam.
>
> Once those have retired, you can still upgrade to MCSE 2003 by taking the
> core exams instead. In place of 70-292, you'll need both 70-290 and
> 70-291. In place of 70-296 you'll need 70-293 and 70-294.
>
> John R

Kline Sphere

>I am confused

agreed.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

John R

".rev [askthemct.com]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Was that official Or is it one of those might or might not works things.
> Either way I still think it quite ****y to retire an upgrade exam like
> that. I see no reason to retire an exam that is built from a bank of
> questions which is both still relevant and live in the form of two other
> exams.
>
> --
> .rev [askthemct..com]
>
> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "DVakil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am confused, please advise, at present I am MCSE 2000 certified & want
>>> know what is upgrade path to MCSE 2003.
>>> I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will
>>> this
>>> affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it,
>>> kindly
>>> guide.. Thxs

>> 70-292 and 70-296 have been extended into May (the 24th I believe).
>> Check with your local Prometric center for more details and to schedule
>> an exam.

I have seen no official announcement, however we have had several people
here who have contacted MS Learning and have been told this, and have been
able to schedule exams.

John R

Dude

Don't waste your time with 70-292. Less than 10% of the test takers pass it
the first try. I failed it twice. If you study for 70-290 and 291
seperately, you'll have a better chance of passing the first time. If you
plan on going for the Server 2003 MCSE, I also recommend taking CompTIA
Security+ for the elective.

"DVakil" wrote:

> I am confused, please advise, at present I am MCSE 2000 certified & want to
> know what is upgrade path to MCSE 2003.
> I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will this
> affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it, kindly
> guide.. Thxs

Agressive Exam Taker

I spoke with the Microsoft Learning Center. The two upgrade exams have been
extended until May 31. I just took and passed 70-292. I will be taking the
70-296 in a couple of weeks.

"DVakil" wrote:

> I am confused, please advise, at present I am MCSE 2000 certified & want to
> know what is upgrade path to MCSE 2003.
> I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will this
> affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it, kindly
> guide.. Thxs

CHONG

edI was told the exam expired on 24th May, Can you guide me where did you get
the information the exam extend to 31-May?

"Agressive Exam Taker" wrote:

> I spoke with the Microsoft Learning Center. The two upgrade exams have been
> extended until May 31. I just took and passed 70-292. I will be taking the
> 70-296 in a couple of weeks.
>
> "DVakil" wrote:
>
> > I am confused, please advise, at present I am MCSE 2000 certified & want to
> > know what is upgrade path to MCSE 2003.
> > I see that 2 transition exams have been retired post-March 2008, will this
> > affect my certification path to MCSE 2003 or can I still go for it, kindly
> > guide.. Thxs

Kline Sphere

>edI was told the exam expired on 24th May, Can you guide me where did you get
>the information the exam extend to 31-May?

ping Indiana Jones.....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3