Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Microsoft Word and File Recovery and Passwords oh my!

Microsoft Word and File Recovery and Passwords oh my!

monkeesandbananas monkeesandbananas is offline
Junior Member

My problem is this. Long story short, I accidentally deleted a bunch of files, two of which are really important to me. I bought the WinUndelete program and found the files. The problem is, that I have successfully recovered all of the files except those two. I'm assuming that the reason for that is that I had a password for those two documents.

When I try and open the new documents Microsoft Word suggests I install a converter to try and decode my document. Otherwise it shows up as a bunch of gibberish.

Can anyone help me read these files?
ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much