Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Instant messaging

Re: Instant messaging

Michal A. Valasek

Hello,

| Has anyone built a web-based instant messaging system - or bought one?
| Looking for anyone who has implemented/purchased one already for
| advice/pointers/ any suggestions?

today I think the best solution would be use MSN messenger, resp. Exchange
messaging. Of course, it's possible to write that application on your own. I
wrote one application, years ago, before the .NET. But I'm afraid that it
would be unusable for you, because is completely in Czech language.

If you want solution accessed by web browser, it's really simple. If you
want real instant messaging, then I recommend to create one backend server,
which would communicate via web service interface with clients (winforms).
Complexivity of that application may vary, basic solution is one-night-work.

--
Michal A. Valasek, Altair Communications, http://www.altaircom.net
Please do not reply to this e-mail, for contact see http://www.rider.cz