Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Looking for free or cheap shopping cart program

Re: Looking for free or cheap shopping cart program

Jeff Bowman

On 21 Apr 2008, "Jack B. Pollack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can someone recommend a free or cheap shopping cart program. We want to
> start selling about 10 items on our site.
>
> Thanks

Actually, it's surprisingly easy to build your own from scratch, assuming
you've got some ASP.NET experience under your belt. I was on the same
warpath myself until I found this short article:

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/net...art-datatables

For some reason I didn't realize it was going to be so simple. I guess I
never really stopped to think it through.

Anyway, there it is.

HTH,
Jeff

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jeff Bowman wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2008, "Jack B. Pollack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Can someone recommend a free or cheap shopping cart program. We want
>> to start selling about 10 items on our site.

> Actually, it's surprisingly easy to build your own from scratch,
> assuming you've got some ASP.NET experience under your belt. I was on
> the same warpath myself until I found this short article:
>
> http://www.sitepoint.com/article/net...art-datatables
>
> For some reason I didn't realize it was going to be so simple. I
> guess I never really stopped to think it through.

Do you have any recommendations for the majority who don't use ASP,
don't have Windows web servers, and who sell products with sales tax,
shipping, take credit cards, paypal, and all that?

--
-bts

Jeff Bowman

"Jeff Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fuj1in$f9b$(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.sitepoint.com/article/net...art-datatables
>
> For some reason I didn't realize it was going to be so simple. I guess I
> never really stopped to think it through.

p.s. I've improved the code significantly. If you'd like an updated version,
send a request to mail at jeffbowman daught com.