Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Re: Custom error messages when XSD validation fails?

Re: Custom error messages when XSD validation fails?

Artie

On Apr 21, 11:48 am, Martin Honnen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Artie wrote:
> > When the XML fails to validate against its XSD element, I want, say,
> > error code 1000 to be returned from the validator - can this be done
> > easily?

> > (I'm thinking along the lines of having an element like
> > <xs:customErrorCode = 1000> along side each restriction.)

> I don't think the schema language has any construct to define custom
> error messages. Nor have I have heard that a particular schema validator
> supports that. You might want to ask on a mailing list or forum or
> newsgroup for the particular schema validator you use or want to use.
>
> --
>
> Martin Honnen
> http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Thanks for your reply Martin.

I was hoping for something generic rather than validator-specific, but
I'll try in a Microsoft group as well.

Cheers

Artie