Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Removing numbers over JSlider

Removing numbers over JSlider

Simon Andrews

On linux, using the native Look and Feel all JSliders have a number over
the drag button indicating the current value. In my application I need
the sliders to be very small, and therefore want to get rid of this number.

Is there an easy way to do this? I'm happy with all the other UI
components and don't really want to have to write a whole custom L&F
just for this one minor issue.

Many thanks

Simon.