Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saving emails

Saving emails

Richard

How can I save my emails to another hard drive without a third party
software? "Outlook Express"

ded

news:SPROj.4268$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I save my emails to another hard drive without a third party
> software? "Outlook Express"

In OE to "save" (back up) emails:
Click>Tools>Options>Maintenance
Click the StoreFolder button.
A dialog appears detailing the location of the directory that contains
your emails.
Note the exact details of the location, close OE
Use explorer to navigate to the location, then *copy* the folder across
to other HDD. The original remains in the same directory but you now
have a back up copy.

If you want to back up all settings in OE -
servers/accounts/address book etc etc
Read these KB articles