Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Creating encrypted Lotus Notes Mail

Creating encrypted Lotus Notes Mail

Chris Seidel

Hi,

does anybody know how I can create and send a Notes encrypted mail with
Java? I do not mean S/MIME, I mean the Notes proprietary encryption.

Thank you.

Daniel Pitts

From <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary>
> The word "proprietary" indicates that a party, or proprietor, exercises private ownership, control or use over an item of property, usually to the exclusion of other parties.

If it is proprietary, then unless Notes has a Java API to do what you
want, the answer is no.

Chris Seidel

Daniel Pitts wrote:

> If it is proprietary, then unless Notes has a Java API to do what you
> want, the answer is no.

Well if it is proprietrary or only internal and undocumented: I do not know
how to do it

So an API would be ok too.