Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Concentrator 3000 question...client login. ???

Concentrator 3000 question...client login. ???

paul814@excite.com

Hello,
I had my vpn concentrator setup so someone accessing my network from
the outside with a vpn client had to enter a group name and password
and then would be prompted for a user name and password.

I was then trying to get a LAN to LAN connection working and started
playing with Base group settings.

Now all that is needed is the group name and password, there is no
more prompt for a username and password.

Anyone know what this might be?....and how to fix it to ask for both
again?

Darren

> Hello,
> I had my vpn concentrator setup so someone accessing my network from
> the outside with a vpn client had to enter a group name and password
> and then would be prompted for a user name and password.
>
> I was then trying to get a LAN to LAN connection working and started
> playing with Base group settings.
>
> Now all that is needed is the group name and password, there is no
> more prompt for a username and password.
>
> Anyone know what this might be?....and how to fix it to ask for both
> again?

You must have modified the Xauth (extended authentication) settings in
the global or user group that this user subscribes to.

I think (from memory) you need to navigate to Configuration, User
Management, Groups / Users. Somewhere around there you will see several
Tabs, one of which will be the IPSEC properties. Scroll down until you
see Authentication and make sure Xauth is checked. You need to ensure
that the option selected is the one you use, for example, Internal if
usernames and passwords are stored on the VPN Concentrator, or External
if stored on another device.

Then make sure you have your username and password defined for this
user. If Local then I believe this is Configuration, User management, Users.

HTH.

Unfortunately I dont have a Concentrator to hand so can't 100% confirm
the menu settings I'm afraid.

Regards

Darren